Any one want to go wheeling

Medsker

2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Yea I just was playing on the net and stumbled across RME. I had a 1997 TJ that I had tricked out but sold it last year and missed it to bad. So three weeks ago I bought a 2001 Jeep TJ. It is an automatic with the 4.0. I put 4.10 gears in it with Detroits front and rear the first week I had it. The second week I bought a 4.5" used Rubicon Express Lift and put it on it and a Rock Gear soft top and doors and I took the 35" Dunlop Mud Rovers off of my Ford Bronco and put them on. I have been working on it to much and haven't a chance to play much though. I am going to take a quick run to Moab a October 12, 13 and 14 and need to go up and test everything out. I'll see if I can get off work and get down there, it is white with a black soft top. If I don't, have fun and I'll catch up with you next time.

demon jeep

Banned
Come on call in sick and come.. The exit that you need to take is the second lehi exit(going south I-15) I donot know the exit # But after you pass the alpine exit it will be 2 after that. You will see big grain hoppers on the west side of the road take that exit and tun in behind Mcdolnalds youll see the albertsons Look for a red TJ black soft top w/ swampers that is me. It may be on my trailer towed by my fugly J-4000 you cant miss it. hope to see you there.

To all9:00 am Lehi Albertsons

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Originally posted by Medsker
Yea I just was playing on the net and stumbled across RME. I had a 1997 TJ that I had tricked out but sold it last year and missed it to bad. So three weeks ago I bought a 2001 Jeep TJ. It is an automatic with the 4.0. I put 4.10 gears in it with Detroits front and rear the first week I had it. The second week I bought a 4.5" used Rubicon Express Lift and put it on it and a Rock Gear soft top and doors and I took the 35" Dunlop Mud Rovers off of my Ford Bronco and put them on. I have been working on it to much and haven't a chance to play much though. I am going to take a quick run to Moab a October 12, 13 and 14 and need to go up and test everything out. I'll see if I can get off work and get down there, it is white with a black soft top. If I don't, have fun and I'll catch up with you next time.

Cool man.....sounds like you know what your doing! Stick around and you'll have some fun!

ewander

Sunday is a definite! Let's meet at 0900 in the Albertson's parking lot. I'm in a red yj with a tan soft top.

TcaeCJ, is Tom going to come along? Hey, if you get a minute, try calling Kent, to see if he can make it. I'm down in Price right now, and don't have access to my phone numbers. I know that Todd A is bringing his Cherokee, and Breck should bring his YJ, so we should have a pretty good mix.

Everyone is welcome, it should be fun. We really need a Toyota to show us how it is done. I ran into one this last weekend up AF, that was sweet!

Eric

demon jeep

Banned
So we do not get mix up there is a trail run on sat. meet at albertsons Lehi at 9 am w/ demon jeep

Trail run on sun. albertsons parking lehi w/ ewonder

I will post the directions on the new obsticles so we all can get them broke in.:D

ewander

Well, the trail today went well. Pretty uneventfull. I have no idea where the 4 + obstacles are. Demon, you will have to show me.

I did however, wander into a different trail that was really tough....let's see, 2 broken drive lines, 1 hub, 2 axles (front and rear), and 2 roll overs.......:D

Thankfully, none of the damage was mine...this time (knocking on wood).

Greg

Admin
Originally posted by ewander
I did however, wander into a different trail that was really tough....let's see, 2 broken drive lines, 1 hub, 2 axles (front and rear), and 2 roll overs.......:D

Thankfully, none of the damage was mine...this time (knocking on wood).

Ewander! How far away was this 2nd trail? Is it harder than Rattlesnake? Sounds like we may have a nice little collection of trails popping up out there!

ewander

It isn't far from the rattle snake, and it is WAY harder than rattle snake. The guys that I hooked up with swore us to secrecy though.......I didn't know what they meant then, and I still don't. I will do some research about the trail....we might need to go mining out in that area.....:rolleyes:

Greg

Admin
I understand that..... DemonJeep likes to keep RattleSnake a secret. If the new trail is within the 5 Mile Pass area, then there should be no problems.

The big question...... Do you have any pics?

ewander

No pics, and I am kicking my self really hard right now, for not having a camera with me. The cherokee that rolled was in some pretty cool positions.... I will have to talk to someone about the trail that knows more than me....

Greg

Admin
Thats too bad about the pics.....

So, what would you rate this trail as? Is not the trail South of the 5 Mile Parking lot, is it?

demon jeep

Banned
That trail you are talking about I think I know the one is there a bunch of water fall in and if there is Stop running it the BLM like to ticket it. The fine is around $300 and impound of vehicle.

The trail is a little noth of rattle snake and starts off with a water fall you have to climb

ewander

I would rate it at 4+, and yes it did have a lot of water falls in it.

Now, their coments make since....... If it is off limits, why isn't it posted, or fenced off?

I am originally from Price, so growing up I spent a fair amount of time down in the San Rafael Swell. The BLM is usually pretty good at marking areas as off limits to motor vehicle travel. If this area were off limits, wouldn't you think that it would be posted? I know that the guys running the trail didn't tear anything down. Interesting.......This was only my 3rd time up to the 5 Mile Pass area, so I still need to learn my way around....

demon jeep

Banned
The BLM has posted the area befor but with the amount of people that travel that area it is to hard to keep up on it.After one week of people and parties out there the place is all torne up again. That is why out to rattle snake I always let people know to keep it clean and what needs to done to keep it open. The trail that you took was never like that some people went out there and dug up alot to make that trail that hard. Th eBLM was not happy. At rattle snake they do keep an eye on the trail to see the impact we have done, after each rain storm they do not see hardly any impact. I did tell the group this weak end that we need to place rocks to slow the water down and help keep the tails up higher in the train, I got home and recived an e-mail that I need to do that so some time befor winter I need to do that. That will also help from filling in around the rocks and making the trail easyer so we all win.

sorry it was so long but ned to let you know ewonder some time you should take me out there and I can tell you if it is the place and if not I'll be your best freind:D