Any small engine carb guys here? (Quads)

Utahcryogenics

Formerly "Beerman"
I want to get an exhaust dial a jet, and a snorkel system for my quad. I have read a few articles on the subject and there is so much info it it is hard to know which is the truth and which isnt.

I want to re-jet my carb AND also use a dial-a-jet so that I can tune my carb mixture for different altitudes/temps. I ride anywhere from 4000 feet (knolls for example) to 11000 (Manti-la sal, high uintahs, etc.) feet elevation and most jet kits dont have that kind of a variance.

Is there anyone here I can hire or who can help me when the time comes to accomplish installing a dynojet, and a dial a jet?

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
I'm no expert, I rejetted nine myself, easy I guess. I run at those altitudes and don't have any problems. If your worried, may be you should upgrade to a quad with EFI..?

Utahcryogenics

Formerly "Beerman"
Thank you. I have never done it but I am sure its one of those things that if and when I do it I will probably kick myself in the ass. Fear of the unknown in other words.

I just bought my cat new in 2006 and I jut paid it off. I love them and I am not about to go back into debt for an efi one any time soon!

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
The only real issue I had with the jetting was getting the screws that held the carb together to unscrew. They were really tight. The parts counter helped me determine what size jet I needed and sold me the one. Do fear the unknown, adventure is the task!!