Any snomobilers on here?

OrvisKrawler

Captain Obvious
So that killer subaru thread had me wondering if there are any sledders on here, its supposed to snow this weekend, which means its going to be that time soon, anyway if you do I would love to hear where you ride and what you ride....post up some pics

as for me Ive been riding for about 9 years, ride tonys grove, franklin basin, wolf creek pass, afton, monte, and the mountains around my house in the ogden valley

here are a few pics

snomo064.jpg

snomo038.jpg

snomo077.jpg

snomo081.jpg

snomo041.jpg

snomo033.jpg

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
I've only been a few times and for the most part it sucked. This year however i figured I'd give it a shot on my own mill. I recently picked up a VERY clean 95 XCR with a good running 650 tripple swapped in for free. With the PSI pipes, 136x2" and a few extra's it should scoot pretty good for a dinosaur... That is until I learn the hard way (like so many others) why Polaris went away from the tripples :rofl:

Some people go nuts over these things so I figured I'd dive in and see what all the commotion is about :D

Btw thats an impressive drop!!! :eek: :greg:

Last edited:

OrvisKrawler

Captain Obvious
I've only been a few times and for the most part it sucked. This year however i figured I'd give it a shot on my own mill. I recently picked up a VERY clean 95 XCR with a good running 650 tripple swapped in for free. With the PSI pipes, 136x2" and a few extra's it should scoot pretty good for a dinosaur... That is until I learn the hard way (like so many others) why Polaris went away from the tripples :rofl:

Some people go nuts over these things so I figured I'd dive in and see what all the commotion is about :D

Btw thats an impressive drop!!! :eek: :greg:

thanks I was hitting that with some pretty good speed, all the landing holes are mine as well lol :D as for your sled it sounds like a good place to start, add a handle bar riser though it will make all the difference in the world for sidehilling and throwing the sled around, I started on a 98 summit X with a 136 and rolled it at least twice everytime out lol... fun times

i ride my lil bros sled he has a 2002 rmk 800 which is a decent sled to learn on. i never liked the snow til my lil bro picked up 4 sleds for 2000 bucks. but now we are down to just one sled so i dont think ima be going out this winter :-\.... that drop would feel amazing! i love the feeling of floating through the air nothing better then it

notajeep

Just me
My friend Jake, he is on here, but not that much, married into the Simmons family. As in simmons skis. He rides all winter testing out new ski designs and last year rode a sweet propane powered turbo sled. Ill get him to post some pics.

OrvisKrawler

Captain Obvious
My friend Jake, he is on here, but not that much, married into the Simmons family. As in simmons skis. He rides all winter testing out new ski designs and last year rode a sweet propane powered turbo sled. Ill get him to post some pics.

nice! that would be a good family to marry into! wonder if it was brad storys old sled, or one brad built

Goose

aToYoTa-fREak
sleddin

Im a sled head myself, sleds in the winter & rok-crawlin in the summer-

[YOUTUBE]O2oZZ6TjMpM[/YOUTUBE]

nice pics!

Goose

aToYoTa-fREak
forgot to tel you where I ride, mostly the lake creek area (tower mnt) & the fairview area, a couple time a year. Ive never ridden the tony grove area, Ive heard that Its awewsome! I ride a juiced up 600 dragon.

OrvisKrawler

Captain Obvious
nice vid! ive been to tower mtn area once it was pretty good, if you ever get the chance to ride tonys you definitely should it is by far one of the best places to ride in utah, Ive always wanted to get down to fairview to ride, heard its really good

One of my buddies I ride with had a 600 rmk on nitrous, it was a fun sled!

Goose

aToYoTa-fREak
nice vid! ive been to tower mtn area once it was pretty good, if you ever get the chance to ride tonys you definitely should it is by far one of the best places to ride in utah, Ive always wanted to get down to fairview to ride, heard its really good

One of my buddies I ride with had a 600 rmk on nitrous, it was a fun sled!

yeah fairview is some cool ridding!
the 600's are alot of fun, Ive shaved about 40 to 50 lbs off of it & slp did some nice work on the motor. I cant wait to get out & ride!
If I ever head up that way Ill have to hit you up, to show me around tonys grove

Seth

These go to 11
I have been riding since ~04. I make it out a handful of times per year. Mostly timber lakes area. We usually make it up to either Sun Valley or Island Park once a year. This year might be West Yellowstone.

I wish a had a job that I could head out on the good days. I only go when new snow happens around the weekend.

I have an 04 rev 159 and a 01 skidoo 144. Both are 800's and bone stock. Plenty of machine for me.

OrvisKrawler

Captain Obvious
yeah fairview is some cool ridding!
the 600's are alot of fun, Ive shaved about 40 to 50 lbs off of it & slp did some nice work on the motor. I cant wait to get out & ride!
If I ever head up that way Ill have to hit you up, to show me around tonys grove

sounds great, im always up to ride tonys :D

I have been riding since ~04. I make it out a handful of times per year. Mostly timber lakes area. We usually make it up to either Sun Valley or Island Park once a year. This year might be West Yellowstone.

I wish a had a job that I could head out on the good days. I only go when new snow happens around the weekend.

I have an 04 rev 159 and a 01 skidoo 144. Both are 800's and bone stock. Plenty of machine for me.

I have always wanted to ride Island park, but can never get my buddies to drive that far, I go up in the summer alot cause my family has a cabin by henrys lake, ive heard its a snowmobile paradise up there

Last edited:

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
Bumping an old thread....

Ive always snowmobiled a little bit my whole life. Ive owned a couple here and there but nothing fancy. Last one I owned was a some old 340 that I bought for 10 bucks. Mostly just used them to get to good snowboarding spots.

Last March I went on a 2 day trip up by Jackson hole. I had a lot of fun. Just borrowed a 09 Artic Cat 800. Didnt think much after the trip but for the past couple weeks all I have wanted to do is go sled!

Im thinking Im going to pick one up this year and try to keep busy thru the winter.

I dont have much coin to drop. There are some pretty good deals right now on KSL. Im looking at a couple 02 RMK 800s for right around the 2000 dollar mark. Any opinions?

R-SE

Rock-Slide Engineering
Wishing I was Snowmobiling its to hot!!

I am a Ski Doo Girl ONLY!! Snowmobiliers are way opinionated about there sleds though! Just stay away from something to moded out, you don't want someone elses problem sled. Also get a long enough track to play around with short tracks don't climb all that well. Good luck hope you find an awesome one!!
Snow.jpg

Attachments

• Pfile snow.jpg
    Pfile snow.jpg
    2.2 KB · Views: 47

ChestonScout

Ive been watching a 03 skidoo Summit 800 with a 151 track as well. But its closer to 3k. Also a 05 Summit Highmark 1000 for 3200. I just dont think I want to spend that much right now. Especially if we have another snow year like last year.

Ive always felt comfortable on Polaris. I like Yamaha anything, Artic Cats seem to be ok. Never been on a Ski doo tho. I like the look

I think 151 is the shortest track I would get. I would prefer a 159ish tho

That pic isnt helping!!!

R-SE

Rock-Slide Engineering
Ha Ha I love it!! Snowmobiling is my favorite thing!! Ski-Doo does tend to me more expensive though!

I had a 164 track loved it but if I got into a tight spot or a narrow trail it did not want to fallow so good! I went to a 154. Nothing against Polaris but when I worked in a shop they put a 600 crank in an 800, people blew those like crazy!

I like arctic cat as well just not to comfortable on them (changing chasis takes me awhile to get used to) no big issues though. Yamaha's around that year are heavy pigs!! Being a girl I think about how im going to get un-stuck! You would be fine if your tougher than me ha ha

ChestonScout

Im not to big of a sissy but lighter is always better.

Im sure every brand has their issues. Its sorting thru them and keeping away from massive problems I think. I have read the bearings on these Polaris 800s are weak and should be replaced with a big bearing kit. That saves the crankshaft issue.

I read on that Ski doo 1000 that they have some sensor issues and can burn the motor down for little reason.

I have my eye on this 05 RMK 900. Smokin deal but from what Ive read just loads of problems. All are fixable and this one Im looking at seems to have already done all the necessary updates to keep it alive. Stil scary tho. They only made the motor for 2 years. There has to be a reason for that