Any snow wheeling to be done right now?

sean_pistol

I have a buddy rolling into town tomorrow that wants to do a night time snow covered trail- not anything really rocky, and not much more danger than the possibility of yanking each other out with a snatch strap. Both of us have rear lockers, and air compressors to run a low psi- to give an idea of how mild the rigs are. We can get through the gate and into Guardsmens, but our friends that live in Cabins up there say it's too deep already, otherwise we'd go there. Anyone have any suggestions at a slightly lower altitude? Anything past Kamas, trails off Mirror Lake?

Last edited:

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Wouldn't recommend going past the gate on the guard road, one there is about 5 feet of snow in front of it, two its illegal, three its a skating rink and I don't want to have to come and recover your body.

sean_pistol

Talking about the PC side where they plow from the gate, under the lifts at Deer Valley, all the way to the "tipi lot" where you can turn to head to Midway. My avatar is actually on that road in February a few years ago, long after the gate is closed and locked. The trails to the cabins are fun in the snow, but there is just barely too much snow right now to do that... Thanks for your concern, though.

Last edited:

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
Take hwy 89 into Fairview, hang a left to go up the canyon, then a left toward Skyline drive, you will find plenty of snow up there to get stuck in.