Any TV repair people on here??? need help

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
My TV is acting up and it looks like a fairly common issue, but I'm hoping there is some RME'r that can help me out, before I zap myself and leave my beautiful children fatherless. :D

So... any TV people here?

Paul R

My TV is acting up and it looks like a fairly common issue, but I'm hoping there is some RME'r that can help me out, before I zap myself and leave my beautiful children fatherless. :D

So... any TV people here?

:confused:I'm not sure... But I'm pretty sure your going to want to unplug it first :p

Brian P

Misanthropic Fuel
So what is happening?
My old rear projection was working now and again I was told it needed new bulbs...I have a guy come look at it and it needed to have some soldering redone(hot/cold broke the sol on a curcuit board)
Good luck

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
It is difficult to turn it on, high-pitched squeal, oscillating image side-to-side, then turns off. Repeats this about 10x before it "catches" and stays on. Today, it turned off altogether. :( Apparently this is a problem with a capacitor and some transistors.

Brian P

Misanthropic Fuel
What type of TV? IIRC that is another thing they said was wrong with mine.
It cost $210 for the visit and fix on ours.
Im trying to remeber exactly what was going on.
Ours would only get sound and also had the high pitched noise, As soon as the picture came back it would stop.
Good luck once again

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
from my high school electronic days (25 yrs ago)... this problem sounds like your high voltage system is going out on you... not a cheap fix... if the picture is going top to bottom but only about this thick (l) it would be your horizontal high voltage... if the line was like this(--) then it would be the veritcal system...

I am assuming that this is an old tube tv not one of the new thin screen ones...

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
It's the horizontal capacitor, from all indications. Phillips 32PTxxxxxxxx, common issue I guess. I'm not going to pay jack for that thing: either I fix it, or it's another target (on a tarp, and packed out when I'm done, thankyoooverymuch ;) ). I've been holding off on an entertainment center because I didn't want to build one that was as deep as the TV anyway LOL

and plasma is the shizzle nowadays

Cory

While we are talking TV issues . . .

Any ideas on what could be possible reasons why a rear projection TV would have a double (ghost) image on the left side of the screen? The right side looks pretty good.

78mitsu

While we are talking TV issues . . .

Any ideas on what could be possible reasons why a rear projection TV would have a double (ghost) image on the left side of the screen? The right side looks pretty good.

It needs aligned, there should be a menu that allows a manual alignment. you should get 3 +'s make them line up then walk around and move them until the line up over the widest distance.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
They aren't THE shizzle, they are pure shizzle. Plasma is junk.

If you want a thin TV, get an LCD. Just don't go cheap with like Olivia or whatever that crap they keep advertising on TV. That stuff is almost as bad as plasma (almost)