anyone allergic to wasps? In fear o' mah life! halp!

mesha

By endurance we conquer
I'm not looking forward to the day that the wife gets stung and I have to jam the epipen into her thigh...

My wife is allergic too and I actually got to stab her. It was awesome. I have been planting bee and wasp nests everywhere since then. Just awaiting the second time.

Just for the record, do not smile when you jab the pen into her leg:eek:

you will want to, but you can not do it.

phatfoto

Giver of bad advice
If you don't make it Tacoma, I'll take the M715... Did ya make it? Still breathing?

Climbing? I thought you said you'd be working...

spencevans

Overlander
WD40

Ok, I will shared my best kept secret, spray the sting with WD40. No joke. Everytime I get stung I immediately spray the sting and the pain goes away in 5-10 seconds and the swelling is gone with in 5 minutes. Literally all the pain is gone, it's the wierdest thing. After 5 minutes after spraying it you will be asking your self, wheres the bite because all signs are completely gone. I have never tried it 2 hours after a sting but I have done it 40 minutes after and it still worked it just took a few extra doses of WD40. Go figure.

My 2 year old got stung last year and he was wailing up a storm and I sprayed the sting and he quit crying within 10 seconds and was playing again 5 minutes later.

Last edited:

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Ok, I will shared my best kept secret, spray the sting with WD40. No joke. Everytime I get stung I immediately spray the sting and the pain goes away in 5-10 seconds and the swelling is gone with in 5 minutes. Literally all the pain is gone, it's the wierdest thing. I have never tried it 2 hours after a sting but I have done it 40 minutes after and it still worked. Go figure.

If you're going to tell a 'secret', tell the whole damn thing.. You really spray the Backwoodsgoop brand WD40.

:spork:

spencevans

Overlander
If you're going to tell a 'secret', tell the whole damn thing.. You really spray the Backwoodsgoop brand WD40.

:spork:

I just use the standard WD40 in the blue and yellow can. The same crap everyone uses to lube everything, even though its not a lube. Its a displacer.

c64d6e32967df876

spencevans

Overlander
I searched the internet once after getting stung and it hurt like an SOB. I read about WD 40 and said, what could it hurt. Iworked like a miracle drug. Since I have used it about 20 times on myself and my kids for stings and it has never failed. I also have shared this secret with family and friends and they did not believe me, but some have tried it and they say it just the weirdest but most amazing remedy ever. My dad said it's worth getting stung just to try it. :rofl:

rholbrook

I searched the internet once after getting stung and it hurt like an SOB. I read about WD 40 and said, what could it hurt. Iworked like a miracle drug. Since I have used it about 20 times on myself and my kids for stings and it has never failed. I also have shared this secret with family and friends and they did not believe me, but some have tried it and they say it just the weirdest but most amazing remedy ever. My dad said it's worth getting stung just to try it. :rofl:
I was told that once it is in your system it helps with constapation as well. I used WD40 and Preperation H on my lures while fishing for Macs at Flaming George. You really have to wash your hands good after applying Preperation H to your lures because if you dont and you get in on your sandwiches, you begin to whistle when you talk.

WD40 on stings, I'm going out under the balcony to find a wasp.

Last edited:

JoeT

Just found a wasp nest last night in the kids swing set. I'll try the WD40/lighter combo on them and WD40 on me in case one of them gets me.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
Kelsey was very angry at the wasps, as she always is, and suggested that we torch them again. :D I let her burn nests out of the bumpers of the work truck, she enjoyed that.

They are depsicable creatures... but at least my fingers stopped tingling. I am not liking this "developing allergies as I age" crap. :mad: Oh well.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
hair spray works really good too....

next question: Why would you have hairspray close enough at hand to be of use in exterminating ants?

Question after that: Is it because you have sisters?

After-question following the preceeding examples: Even if you, are your gas cans and/or lighter fluid bottles empty?

and so on. :D