Anyone doing LOTOJA this year?

JF1

Just wondering. This will be my first year doing it. Training schedule is going good so far with a couple 100 milers this year already but I still can't, at this point, imagine doing 206 miles.
Also, anyone have any in's on lodging in Logan Sept 7th-8th? I started calling all of the hotels in Logan and Brigham City the same day I got my registration confirmation back in April and everyone was already booked. I have been calling about 3 times a week hoping for cancellations but so far no go.

Joe

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
Lets sign up BroncoMama and let her experience it first hand :)

It is a 190 bike race from Logan to Jackson Hole.

oh and bike = bicycle

JF1

Yeah, 206 mile bike race from Logan, Utah to Jackson, Wyoming.
Here for more details: www.lotojaclassic.com

What I really need is a place to stay the night before in or near Logan so if anyone knows someone that would rent out a house or condo for one night or something, that would be grand.

Lets sign up BroncoMama and let her experience it first hand :)

While the vote of confidence is appreciated, might I say that is a TERRIBLE idea?! I realize that many people enjoy brutalizing their bodies, I am not one of those. I much prefer being fat and sassy! (Okay, so not saying I'm fat, I just hang out on the north shore of portly.):)

Bart

I trained for that 2 years in a row (about 14 years ago). One year I broke my little finger the day before (surgery with 2 screws), and the next year I got sicker than a dog. Decided karma was against me on the race. Back then I was doing about 300 miles a week, and a century ride every other week. I don't kknow if I could do 30 miles now.

JF1

Yeah I've found the hardest part of training for this is actually finding the time to put in the miles. With preparation and winding down after, it takes up a half day to do a solo century.
You should start training again Bart. Karma be damned.
I'll be turning 38 this year and realized a couple years ago I really haven't accomplished many of my personal goals. I sold my old Jeep and used the money to buy a decent bike (about $2K). I've lost about 30lbs in the last year just riding.
Wife says I'm hitting my mid-life crisis early. Bah.

Bart

Time is a huge factor. I actually ordered new tires for the mtn bike and broke the road bike out also. I'm starting to ride to work, which isn't far, but it makes me remember why I loved riding before. Hopefully I'll make more time for it.