Anyone else driving in the Tough Truck competition tonight?

JoeT

I'm going to take my old tired 87 2 dr XJ and see what it can do or can't do. Ben Falkner will be driving his nice black TJ in the event also. If you go, try to get tickets in section 222, that's were everyone from TeraFlex will be at.

RockChucker

good times Joe. Thanks for rallyin' the daylights outa that poor XJ! Pretty sure the crowd was louder when you made your run than any of the monster trucks haha.

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
I was there watching.

How do you feel today Joe????? :D

That was some impressive jumping the first round. What happened on the second??

jruss

It's posted here. It was bigger than it looks. That jump caused the biggest cheer from the crowd the whole night

JoeT

Thanks guys! I had a blast doing that. My lower back and neck are a little sore but otherwise fine. My cherokee has a bent front axle now, gee I wonder why. It was pretty cool hearing the crowd yell when I rolled out the second time, sorry it died out, I thought I was doing better on my second run. I'm going to try to run the monster truck show at the Energy Solutions arena next month in the tough truck event again. I'll see if I can get some pics/vids posted here.

More vids here: http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=100002928890962

JoeT

I was shooting pics for Maverick, and happened to grab a couple pics of Joe and Ben. I have a pdf posted here

Sweet! Awesome pics there!!!!!!! Thank you !!!! Do you have any from the second run or some from the first run when I went around the cones??? I so would love to have some of these in jpg format.

Last edited:

jruss

The images posted are the only ones that I have. I was not around to shoot round 2 of the race.

JoeT

Nice job Joe. Way to punish the XJ.

Thanks Bart, I tried! I'm going to try and make it to the next show at the Energy Solutions Center next month. Gotta do something about my D30 and lack of suspension and lighten up the XJ.

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Dear Joe,

Please post the video from the GoPro camera we see on your door frame.

Love, RME4x4.com