Anyone else play ice hockey?

864runner

I know I'm your hero
I just started skating a couple months ago and joined a drop in league at Acord Ice Center a few weeks ago. Played my first game on 2/24 and I loved it!

I have a couple friends that use to play when they were younger that I'm trying to get back into it, and my wife works with a guy that plays goal and he invited me to join his summer league D4 team at the Oval.

I was just wondering if anyone else on this forum played and if so what leagues and what division?

jinxspot

~ Bush Eater's Offroad ~
I play in the Smythe league, division 4. :busted:

Im on the Kennecott Hockey team, we are just finishing the winter season. We did real well in the playoffs and we are in the Championship game against Jr Tavern this Sunday!!!

D

Deleted member 12904

I play. Our d4 season just ended Sunday. Word on the street is the oval season isn't going to happen this summer and if it doesn't plan on being unorganized. what league are you playing in at accord? World league?

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

864runner

I know I'm your hero
Steve - Sorry man, but it is just so much fun and I have had no motivation to work on my truck. I could have it ready enough to make the trip but I would rather only do the axle work one more time and be done with it rather than throw it together good enough for one trip just to tear it back down again to get it the way I want it, ya know?

jinxpot - That's Awesome! How long have you been playing?

deviant - Yeah I'm currently playing in the World league. I'll be taking the adult learn to play classes they are offering in April. I will have to talk to the guy at my wifes work about the summer league then, his name is Bill Mcloud, you guys might know him? Is there any other summer leagues happening?

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Not ice, but roller hockey at the rink in Holleywood Connection. We just finished the winter season and are looking at playing the spring season. If anyone wants to join us, we could use a few more on our team. We are in the bottom league. We're all pretty good, we just like the low pressure of the lessor league.

864runner

I know I'm your hero
You can get used gear on KSL for really cheap when it pops up. Or hockeymonkey.com has some pretty good deals especially when they are doing a closeout on stuff. I know Reebok is closing out all there skates because they came out with some new ones. My buddy just picked up a pair of $500 Reebok platinum skates for $250!

jinxspot

~ Bush Eater's Offroad ~
Ive been playin hockey since high school (Im 32), but took a 10 year break thru my 20's. Since I just moved here last year, it was a topic of coversation at work and they eventually asked me to come play... so here I am playing again.

Hey Deviant, its been a ton of fun playing against you guys... I haven't met anyone I play hockey with off the ice, gotta love RME for stuff like that.

DevinB

I like traffic lights
I played through high school (Timpanogos High state champs '98!) and one year of college. Went on a two-year excursion for the locally dominant religion, and when I got back I never really got back into it. Drop in and men's leagues are too late at night. I can't hack playing until midnight then getting up at six for work the next morning. I catch a few games a week on tv and always wish I was still playing...

864runner

I know I'm your hero
DevinB - It does suck that some of the games are so late, but for me its worth it just to get out there and play the game I love!

jinxspot, deviant, and anyone else interested - I called Wade Bateman last night about the summer league at the oval. He said there will for sure be a summer league he's just not sure if he's going to run it, or if it will be USA hockey affiliated. He said the league will start on May 1st and the D4 games will most likely be on Thursday nights.

I really hope this thread will inspire those who have not played in awhile to ditch the excuses and lace up and get back out on the ice!!!

Coco

Oh, sorry I thought this read "does anyone else fall on there ass when trying to skate?"

Forgive me, carry on!! :D

(Your still awesome Eric)

864runner

I know I'm your hero
Colton, I was that guy that was falling on his ass less than 3 months ago. A few skating lessons later and now I think I'm Peter Forsberg! (Although I still suck) Haha. It is seriously so much fun though! Those of you who don't play (or aren't willing to try) are missing out big time!

864runner

I know I'm your hero
There's never a better time than the present!

I'll be playing in my 4th game tomorrow night in the world league at Acord. I'm so excited to get back out there!

I can't wait for April 5th, thats when the adult learn to play hockey classes start at Acord. Taught by Chris Billiter. Those classes are going to be so much fun!