Anyone else work from home

sawtooth4x4

Totally Awesome
I've been working from home for a month. Occasionally I have to travel for work.

I FREAKING LOVE IT. SO glad I don't have to commute to work anymore. Everyone kept trying to tell me at my last job, that I would hate it. No, I just love not being interrupted every 5 minutes by a Russian lady who had to tell me her life story everyday.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
I wish they'd let me work from home. There's no reason I can't do my job from my desk at home just as easily as my desk at work, except Giant Phone Company Who Shall Not Be Named suffers from a particularly blinding form of corporate inertia.

jeeper

DumpStor Owner
I work from home. Have for 7 years. It's awesome. I get to play with the kids, work on my toys, check rme any time I want, go to the store for my wife, run to the gun range anytime I want, go riding anytime I want, vacation anytime I want..
.. And occasionally do some of that work stuff.

I am convinced that I could double my income if I were to be in an office. But then I wouldn't be playing princess rescue with my kids today ;) and that's worth a million.

crawler dude12

Lol, I do it (not sure if you can call it work.... But it pays for my gas and insurance) my mom owns a side business taking old silverware and I make jewelry out of them and she sells them on ebay.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406224979.973512.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406224994.621183.jpg

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
... And occasionally do some of that work stuff.

I am convinced that I could double my income if I were to be in an office. But then I wouldn't be playing princess rescue with my kids today ;) and that's worth a million.

Funny, I've been considering halfing my income for a telecommuting gig :D

Caleb

I work from home when I want to. I prefer to be in the office though. When I'm not, I'm too disconnected from what's going on which makes my job as a manager and decision maker much tougher.

spaggyroe

Man Flu Survivor
One day per week, and I relish that day.
Office politics and drama wear me out much easier than long hours.

skiboarder

SkiBoarder
I am convinced that I could double my income if I were to be in an office. But then I wouldn't be playing princess rescue with my kids today ;) and that's worth a million.[/QUOTE]

That's big money right there.

skeptic

I've been working from home for 9 years. All in all, it's better than commuting to an office every day. However, If there was an office to go to nearby I'd go in maybe once or twice a week. Much less in the winter. :) I sometimes miss adult face to face conversation, going out to lunch with people, idle chit-chat. At this point if I ever have to start going into an office daily again, and god forbid have a long commute again, I'm pretty sure I'd hate it.

RogueJeepr

Here!
Im all set up to work from home but... the only problem is I would end up working on my own stuff and be out of business real quick.
Used to do sidework but everyone thinks their getting it done for free and dont want to cough up the cash even though they were getting a good deal. Cheap Asses .

zmotorsports

Hardcore Gearhead
Vendor
I am trying to get setup and in position to work from my home business but it may still be a while before I can take the major leap from the corporate BS.

Mike.

aRR

I work from home for a national healthcare company out of AZ. I'm on call during business hours, which translates to about 2 hours of actual work a day. Best part is the ability the work on projects and go to school full time without using up my evenings- everything gets done during the work day. I really don't like the job but it's hard to turn down the freedoms that come with it.

sawtooth4x4

Totally Awesome
I am pretty busy. And I've been working about 45 hours a week. Its going to be going up. The company I work for just landed another job and there are only 3 designers counting me. I guess that's good. Its nice to take a 2 hour break and then come back with a fresh mind, instead of having to sit all day and not be able to get the creative juices flowing. I can run to the post office or the store if i need things.

I'm so glad I don't have to try to drive through the construction from Bountiful into SLC anymore.

I especially love rolling out of bed at 6.00 am and walking downstairs to my office with a bowl of cereal to start work.

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
Question to those with dedicated telecommuting positions: How did you get your current job? Was it a traditional position turned remote? If not, what was the training and integration into the company like? I imagine there would have to be a good amount of training time before you could hit the ground running? (depending on position of course)

Corban_White

What do you do for that "work stuff"? Some kind of sales?

I love princess rescue. :D

I work from home. Have for 7 years. It's awesome. I get to play with the kids, work on my toys, check rme any time I want, go to the store for my wife, run to the gun range anytime I want, go riding anytime I want, vacation anytime I want..
.. And occasionally do some of that work stuff.

I am able to work from home. I work for a large financial institution. Working from home just grew out of cost cutting as the financial institution grew. Everyone I work with is out-of-state, so I would be on the phone all day anyway, might as well be from home. The company found responsible people working from home, allowed them to downsize the physical buildings. Also, my managers budget was charged a 'rental' fee for my physical office and phone. With me working from, no charge.