Anyone going to see "The DaVinci Code" tonight?

AINT SKEERED

Balls to the Walls
I'd go but I didnt get tickets in time. Loved the book, as well as Angels and Demons.

Im not looking forward to Tom Hanks as Robert Langdon.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Well, here is my review. Tom Hanks was a terrible choice for the lead character IMHO. Other than that, I thought the movie was very well made and I was surprised at how little was left out. I do have to wonder how difficult it would be to follow the movie if I hadn't already read the book. Some of the visualizations of the historical scenes seemed a bit too brief to really get the gist of them.

Overall, 3.5 of 5 stars.

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Hickey said:
Well, here is my review. Tom Hanks was a terrible choice for the lead character IMHO. Other than that, I thought the movie was very well made and I was surprised at how little was left out. I do have to wonder how difficult it would be to follow the movie if I hadn't already read the book. Some of the visualizations of the historical scenes seemed a bit too brief to really get the gist of them.

Overall, 3.5 of 5 stars.
Tom Hanks a bad choice, huh? Wow. He's usually really good.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
RockMonkey said:
Tom Hanks a bad choice, huh? Wow. He's usually really good.
Holly and I debated this for quite a while. It really comes down to the fact that I view Langdon as a more sophisticated type personality, with a touch of Indiana Jones in him. Tom Hanks just could not pull it off for me, though I usually really like his work.

Amy

Limited Supply Of Sanity
While I was reading the book the actor I though that would do good in the role was the lead actor in "Thank you for smoking" He would do good in that part I think.

Milner

formerly "rckcrlr"
We're planning to go see it tonight.
I think Tom Hanks was an odd coice too. We will see.
But, I agree with you Hickey....more indiana crossed with my religions professor (Formage) is the picture I had....

Milner

formerly "rckcrlr"
Well, I liked it. Tom Hanks didn't bug me as much as I thought he would. After the first few minutes he seemed to fit ok (I think they could have chosen someone better, but....).
A lot of the small details were missing. I doubt the movie is as believable/understandable if you have not read the book. Seemed liked it jumped from A-C or D in a few places.
Over all they did a pretty good job of fitting the visuals of the book.
A few (I consider major) deviations from the book, bugged me. Esspecially the ending. I understand it is to make it more dramatic and easier to follow, but it just bugs me:) . If they stayed faithful to the book, it would be a 6 hour movie! The Fuast/Collett relationship and plot twist were harder to follow and not as developed. There was a little more forshadowing in the moving, but maybe I just noticed it more, because I already knew the ending.
Opuis Dei got off Easy in the movie.
But really I did like it and think they did a good job with a very detailed, very visual book!!!!

britney

Queen of Chit!!
Barbie said:
While I was reading the book the actor I though that would do good in the role was the lead actor in "Thank you for smoking" He would do good in that part I think.
Aaron Eckhart!!!
Perfect. He would have been way better than TOM.
(A little bit of eye candy never hurt a film)

Attachments

• aaron-eckhart-76.jpg
    aaron-eckhart-76.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 2

Amy

Limited Supply Of Sanity
BRITNEY! Your awesome! That is exactly who I think would have done a better job. But, I have yet too see the movie.

:D

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
I didnt' read the book, sooooooo................

I thought the movie sucked. As in, the plot jumped ALL OVER THE PLACE and I wasn't really sure why anyone was doing what they were doing (not from what the movie told me, anyway). But, it wasn't awful. Just didn't live up to the names on the poster. I didn't think much of it.

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
I saw it on Friday. I thought it was very good, but I read the book so I already knew all the details. I can see that it might be kind of hard to follow if you didn't read the book. Like it or not, it is going to make three craploads of money. I'd bet it makes so much money that they'll make a movie of Angels and Demons in the next couple years. Don't make the same mistake again. Read the book before the movie comes out. ;)

Catherine

Mrs. Gardner
I would also have to agree with you ladies on aaron ...however I was picturing harrison ford throughour the book. Soooo what do you people that have seen it think???

I hope that they make an angles and demons. I liked that better than the divinci code.

Caleb

I finally saw it last weekend and even though I have not read the book I didn't feel lost at all during it. I liked it a lot, but I also like the shows that really make ya think. Hanks doesn't bug me at all so ofcourse he didn't bug me during it, I think thats the bggest complaint I've heard is so many people don't like Hanks (not just in this role, at all). This is a show I'll buy on DVD when it comes out for sure.