anyone have 40" tire on 8 lug that I could borow

blznnp

Nate, what is your wheelbase? do you know what your frame.......subframe....height is? not sure what your jeep has. my frame height under driver door in the pic is 22-5/8", i think i can afford to come up a little

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
My wheelbase is right around 101. I'd have to check on frame height but I'd bet it's like 16". I cruise a low rider. That's a lot of clearance you already have so I wouldn't raise it until you exhaust cutting options but this is a super individual decision ;)

blznnp

Looks real good let me know if you need any help.

thanks, will do

My wheelbase is right around 101. I'd have to check on frame height but I'd bet it's like 16". I cruise a low rider. That's a lot of clearance you already have so I wouldn't raise it until you exhaust cutting options but this is a super individual decision ;)

I like the height of it, and would rather not raise it much, but maybe I am being a little chicken about the cutting. I guess worst case I could cut the fronts first, if I mess up the fenders I can go get two more on a wed. at pull n save for $38. The rears will be a little more difficult since I will most likely have to weld some sheet metal back together after cutting.

N-Smooth

That's what I would do. Since you have shackle reversal the front of your front fenders shouldn't need much trimming but back towards the door will need quite a bit from what I can see. You should just cut the rear fenders as much as you need and then tub it out

blznnp

That's what I would do. Since you have shackle reversal the front of your front fenders shouldn't need much trimming but back towards the door will need quite a bit from what I can see. You should just cut the rear fenders as much as you need and then tub it out

thats what you would think for the front, but the problem I have with the springs I have up front, they don't like to use the shackle, they just bend. They have held up so far but not sure how much they will hold up to. Thats one thing I need to figure out. I like the placement of the axle, but if I switch to a chevy 52", the center pin will be moved back 2". The rear, I still have room to go up, its just the little bit over over hang from the bump out part. I think i can cut that off than just patch it with a piece of sheet metal or I might have enough material to bend and weld it back on.

N-Smooth

I measured my jeep and I have 15" under the center of the skid plate and 17" at the "frame"

My guess was pretty good I suppose.

It seems like a lot of pretty sweet buggies have around 20". I can't believe you have more than that.

I'm going to clock my 231 (already have the jig for it) and flat belly mine one day so I'll have 17" straight across. Maybe even add some UHMW if I'm feeling cool.

Last edited:

blznnp

If I didn't care to cut more I could lower it but I am trying to keep the body somewhat intact, that is with the size tires I have. I could go lower if I ran some smaller tires and the flip my rear springs back around to shorten the wheelbase. Comparing my blazer though to some other s10s with close or same size tires, I am lower than most. I am around 116" for my wheelbase so I feel a little taller will help me. My frame is the lowest part since my t-case is clocked up, I wish I had a 60HP to help out with my front driveline angle though.