Anyone have a Mini Excavator I could borrow or rent

sawtooth4x4

Totally Awesome
Whoever built my house buried the water line valve for my sprinklers 7 to 8 feet blow the ground. The valve broke last fall. Luckily it was a mild winter and I didn't loose any sprinkler pipe.

I need to dig it up and fix it. I've operated them before. Anyone know where I can get one for a decent price for a day or just 4 hours?

Thanks.

Caleb

Home Depot in Riverton has one. It's actually pretty cheap (don't remember how much exactly). I rented it a few years back when I dug out my stream and pond.

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
Kind of off topic but what would you use to dig a hole for a ground height trampoline? Would a mini ex do it or is there something else that a DIY-er could rent that would be better?

Caleb

mini-ex was do it no problem, just be sure to work from the inside out as it won't have the reach if you happen to start on the outside of the dig.

rholbrook

What side did the valve break on? If its the street side, its Weber Basins problem because that I believe is who owns your valve. If its on the house side, its your problem. Make sure to add a filter and hand valve near the surface in a nice box. I put myself through college on the end of a a shovel and rake landscaping.

EDIT....If it was on the street side, Weber Basin would have come and fixed it for you. I need to read it better the first time.

jeeper

DumpStor Owner
I rent from Diamond rental usually, about the same cost you posted. Insurance ads a little fee as well. Totally worth it, FYI.

I have rented them for all kinds of projects. The rental fee is minimal, and the rewards of not digging by hand are GREAT!

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
$192 for a 301.7 mini-ex from Wheeler (7' digging depth). That's a full-day (being that 4-hours might be cutting it close to get the machine, do the job, and return the machine). Not sure if our rental dept. offers 1/2 day rentals, but I'm sure they'd be willing to discuss it.

Salt Lake City
(801) 908-8900

Ogden
(801) 732-9100

http://www.wheelercat.com/content/uploads/2015/05/2015-Rental-Rate-Guide.pdf

What if a fellow wanted to rent one of those but had no experience, do you know if your rental guys do a quick training?