anyone have shop space?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brad Yates

airwalks are cool
i'm checking to see if anyone will let me work on my jeep in their shop. i'd like access to a welder and tube bender. and preferably in provo/orem area. i need to make me some tube fenders, redo my wiring, and buid a rear tire carrier. oh yeah... and learn how to bend tube and weld :D when i switched my major from ME to IT the BYU shop guy won't let me use his stuff anymore :mad:

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
bradkarhu said:
i'm checking to see if anyone will let me work on my jeep in their shop. i'd like access to a welder and tube bender. and preferably in provo/orem area. i need to make me some tube fenders, redo my wiring, and buid a rear tire carrier. oh yeah... and learn how to bend tube and weld :D when i switched my major from ME to IT the BYU shop guy won't let me use his stuff anymore :mad:
So let me get this straight. You want someone to let you use their shop and all their equipment and then teach you how to do what ever it is that you want to do................? :confused:

you can use my shop, $200.00 per hour X 24 hours= what you would get for such a stupid question.

:shawn:

Brett

Meat-Hippy
Shawn said:
So let me get this straight. You want someone to let you use their shop and all their equipment and then teach you how to do what ever it is that you want to do................? :confused:

you can use my shop, $200.00 per hour X 24 hours= what you would get for such a stupid question.

:shawn:

Agreed

Brad Yates

airwalks are cool
yes i want access to a welder and a bender and a space for my jeep. whether that be at some one's house or at a shop, i don't care. and no i ain't paying that much. it's something a friend would do for a friend. and so far all you guys aren't my friends :p . in the mean time i'm working on an onboard welder. and the tube bender? i'll put on end up on a wall and run it over :D . don't comment on that unless you know for sure it doesn't work.

James K

NO, I'm always like this
Brad Yates said:
yes i want access to a welder and a bender and a space for my jeep. whether that be at some one's house or at a shop, i don't care. and no i ain't paying that much. it's something a friend would do for a friend. and so far all you guys aren't my friends :p . in the mean time i'm working on an onboard welder. and the tube bender? i'll put on end up on a wall and run it over :D . don't comment on that unless you know for sure it doesn't work.

I think your mish made you bitter :rofl: :D

I could probably help you again but, it will be about a month before I have anytime to do it.

Brad Yates

airwalks are cool
what the? what's going on? is it because i'm being too blunt? i'm not trying to hurt anyone's feeling here. i have become a man of not many words. all i was wondering is if anyone has this. looks like a no - except for James K. and thanks again man, the fender work still looks sweet! remember what your moms always said... if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Brad Yates

airwalks are cool
because i just found out who i really was.

just to heal all wounds and bring my reputation as a good guy back to the board i shall post the penguin game

Last edited:

Badcop

Who Dat? Who Der?
Hmmm, lets step back and look at this:

How many people own/lease shop space on this board: XX

How many of those use it as a sole means of income: XX

How many people have a self sufficiant supply of money to just have a shop: X

Whats the average cost to furnish and supply a fully op shop: XX

If any of these people were willing to let you use there space for FREE and if they allowed you to use there tools/supplys FREE. Who pays to replace a welder when you drive up a peice of pipe to bend it and smash a new 220v Miller? Or when your playing around and burn out the secondary pump on a Plasma? Or bend a peice of pipe on a tube bender? Or a bend larger/smaller pipe on a die that doesnt fit?

Status
Not open for further replies.