Anyone having tapatalk push notification problems on RME?

balfred

I seem to only have this problem with RME but when I have a response to a thread I am following I don't get push notifications most of the time. I also have the same problem with threads I start and also messages. I am using the non pro version of tapatalk on Android.

I have read that the Plugin on the forum may be out of date so maybe a question for the forum administration, do we have any plugins or forum software in need of an update?

balfred

Upgraded to the Pro (VIP) version to see if it makes any difference. My gut still says this is a software update on the forum though.

Forum Admins: upgrading to VIP of tapatalk said the proceeds go to the forums I watch, is this true? I would love a way to support the forum

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
We're actually working on a much better mobile-friendly option, but it's a huge upgrade. Due to the upgrade, I doubt we'll be updating the vBulletin software or the Tapatalk platform. I realize there are some issues with the current software, but we're putting our effort into a much better & more valuable change. :D Hope that's understandable!

balfred

Sure I can understand that! Thanks for the reply Greg! So do you guys really get money from the VIP upgrade? I would hope that's true! If you ever need donations to help the forum stay up I would be happy to chip in

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I don't know that we're running Tapatalk VIP, so I don't know if it actually puts money in our pocket. I know a lot of people like Tapatalk, but I haven't been a fan. Always thought there could be a better option... and I think we've found it. Being more mobile-friendly is huge these days, so we're going for the best possible option.

For those that are willing to support the forum, there's the Premium Member option... $20/year and gives you a lot of upgrades. - https://www.rme4x4.com/payments.php

We try not to push our members to pay to use the forum, but do appreciate the support. Just hosting the site costs $100/month alone, not to mention the costs of software licensing, domain name renewal, etc, etc.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
We don't make any money from Tapatalk.
Greg is right, big upgrade coming! Goal is to have it done over this winter. :cool: