Anyone here do paint?

rwalk

Looking to have a couple plastic pieces of the dash on my truck painted to match. I have a small can of paint leftover from color matching my grill, so no mixing or buying paint should be required, just prep and spray.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I have a gun and a compressor. You're welcome to drop by tomorrow and we'll see what we can do (I'm playing "Jeep" in the garage). Just for the record, I've never had a lot of success painting interior stuff esp. plastic. It seems to chip and such. I'm sure you'd need some plastic prep to wipe down the parts.

rwalk

I have a gun and a compressor. You're welcome to drop by tomorrow and we'll see what we can do (I'm playing "Jeep" in the garage). Just for the record, I've never had a lot of success painting interior stuff esp. plastic. It seems to chip and such. I'm sure you'd need some plastic prep to wipe down the parts.

Thanks for the offer. I might bring it over, but I don't mind spending a little money and getting it done right. Sounds like I might be better off just getting it wrapped?

I haven't tried stopping by any auto body shops, wasn't sure what they'd think about this small of a job.

maveric

Crawler Collecter
Some may have an issue if the paint isn't what they usually spray with. We usually will not use the customers paint unless they have the paint, reducers, and clears, along with mixing ratio's.

But they may be fine with the small job. I would do it, but since I am 5 hrs East of SLC, shipping would be a deal breaker....

rwalk

Some may have an issue if the paint isn't what they usually spray with. We usually will not use the customers paint unless they have the paint, reducers, and clears, along with mixing ratio's.

But they may be fine with the small job. I would do it, but since I am 5 hrs East of SLC, shipping would be a deal breaker....
Thanks for the info. I guess I'll stop by a few shops and see what they say

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk