Anyone here do windows in utah county

airmanwilliams

Does anyone here do windows in Utah county? We just pulled our blinds in our bedroom for the first time in a long time an with the windows being single pane from the early 50's they have alot of condensation and black we are cleaning up. We would like to see what it may cost to get double pane windows put in to help keep the heat and stop moisture build up. Large window is 71" wide x 52" tall and smaller one is 52" tall x 35" wide.

We are having Jones paint and glass come tomorrow around 1-2pm to come give us a quote but would like to see if we can have a couple to look at. This home was built by my wifes grandfather around 51/52 and many of the windows need replaced but with trying to pay off our invetro and student loans all we can possibly afford it to get a couple done at a time if that.

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    382.3 KB · Views: 36
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    334.4 KB · Views: 29

mombobuggy

lots and lots of hydrogen peroxide will get rid of most of that black stuff. its cheap so get a dozen bottles and repeatedly treat that stuff until the wood is bleached white. I think if its real bad you may consider cutting out and replacing it with treated lumber. it seems like a good idea to have a window open when your treating the mold with peroxide. It foams up and makes weird fumes but it is the only thing I know of that kills mold.. Good luck Sir.

comingdown

Wholesale windows in Orem is by far the cheapest. They came and installed for what I would've paid just to buy Windows and install them myself. I can lend a hand measuring and installing if you like.