Anyone here familiar with Dish Network Receivers? (the 522 to be exact)

Caleb

I'm having a problem with mine, I unhooked everything (remodeling) and now I can't get a picture back to my second TV. If anyone is familiar with this receiver I would love to pick you brain :D

way2nosty

Supergper said:
I'm having a problem with mine, I unhooked everything (remodeling) and now I can't get a picture back to my second TV. If anyone is familiar with this receiver I would love to pick you brain :D

first thing is make sure you are on the low side of the dipole. it has a filter in it to filter out the higher freqs so they don't make ingress. also, you have to put it in " dual " mode.

Caleb

dipole? whats that? Are you familiar with the 522? it is in dual mode

the way the installers set it up was using diplexers, I think these are what's screwing me up...

way2nosty

Dipole = Diplexer depends on who manufactured it, I am familiar with the 522, best way to test it is

hook up your tv to the second output and tune it to your output channel
usually 21 you may need to check in the menu to find what channel it is set to. that tells you whether the receiver is okay or not.

way2nosty

My 522 is "Modded" so it's a little different, but the concepts are still the same. basically what's going on is the diplexer allows power to pass from the receiver and power the LNB also has a band pass filter on one port that disallows any frequency above 700 Mhz sometimes 330 Mhz depending so when you mix them back together you shouldn't get overlap or interference, You said you have comcast internet before, you don't wan't to diplex the satellite into the cable, It can cause all kinds of problems, it may work if everything is just right but generally it just Fu(ks everything up.

Brad J

way2nosty said:
hook up your tv to the second output and tune it to your output channel usually 21 you may need to check in the menu to find what channel it is set to. that tells you whether the receiver is okay or not.

I would bet that the reciever and TV are set to different channels but I haven't played w/ mine enough yet to help you any more than that. The installers used channels 69 and 71 for my 2 2nd TV's. I would take a small TV close to the reciever and try different channels and go from there.

Good Luck, Brad J

Caleb

Brad J said:
I would bet that the reciever and TV are set to different channels but I haven't played w/ mine enough yet to help you any more than that. The installers used channels 69 and 71 for my 2 2nd TV's. I would take a small TV close to the reciever and try different channels and go from there.

Good Luck, Brad J
Well, I have it on the correct station, I ran a long cable from my TV to the out on the receiver and it worked fine. I got a wiring diamgram thats for a Dish Network setup and everything looks correct...guess I'm gonna have to give Dish a call and get them to come out a fix it...