Anyone here go to graduate school at the U of U and know of part-time programs?

Ogre Palowakski

I'm dying to go back to school so I've started checking out the U of U's grad school website for programs. I'm interested in things like Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Cell Biology, Neurobiology, etc. I have an undergrad degree in Biology and hoping to work on a MS or PhD.

The challenge is that I work full time in a medical device company in the SL Valley. My boss said he doesn't mind if I spend a "few" mornings a week going to classes as long as I work late, so that's good news.

I'm trying to figure out if there are any part-time Bio programs. It all appears to be full-time. :sick: I've spent quite a bit of time on their website and will continue doing so but thought I'd check with you guys to see if you knew of any related part time programs. Maybe there are some at Utah State, so I'll check there too.

Maybe the reality is that it's not possible to do this part-time and I just need a hug, but I won't ask any of you for that :rofl:

Thanks in advance!

Ogre Palowakski

For whoever's following along ... I got in touch with one of the department administrators who told me that the PhD program is full-time. The MS program can be done part time but I'll need to find a professor who'll let me work in his / her lab.

Word of advice to the unitiated - finish all your education before you get married and have kids! :rofl:

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
Word of advice to the unitiated - finish all your education before you get married and have kids! :rofl:

Ha ha... yeah. I'm looking into putting myself in a similar situation soon... Should have listened to everyone that told me to finish college ASAP, but at that point in my life, I was pretty sure I knew better.:rolleyes: