anyone here work with concrete? or had any done?

I am looking at pouring a slab by my deck for a hot tub in Sandy. It is about 9x9 and needs to be fairly heavy duty.

I haven't called around yet so just need to get some estimates in to see what the damage is.

does any one know of a good company?

Thanks,

Chris

gatchmo5710

I just poured a 10x20ft slab in 4 pieces. 110 80lb bags total (about 4 inches thick). Mixed myself. All done for 400 bucks. Took about 10 hours total. 3 separate nights.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
Good to know. I'm probably the one guy who isn't annoyed by all these concrete threads popping up, I'm soaking up info in each one. :D

gatchmo5710

Borrowed a small mixer from a friend. Fits about 2-3 80lb bags at a time. 4 inches is pretty standard from what ive heard. I didn't do any rebar because im not planning on any real weight on it. im sure any rental place will have a mixer for cheap. Definitely worth the cost. Im not sure how it compares to having it delivered, but id bet you would save enough to justify doing it yourself.

Seven

9x9x4" is about a yard. Last year when I did a retaining wall I needed a yard for the footer. When I calculated it out the price for 1 yard was only about 50.00 more to do one of the concrete carts that you pull with your truck. "They have the concrete already mixed and ready versus mixing all the bags by hand(45 bags of 80lb). well worth the extra 50.00. I just called them up and "reserved" a trailer and a yard of concrete. Since your just putting a hot tub on it I wouldn't think you would have to smooth it much. Just build your forms, Lay down some rebar, and pour your yard on top.

Of course this was up here in ogden. I am sure that there has to be something similar down close to you.

boogie_4wheel

Shoot yeah those pre mix trailers are the greatest. Used them for my pad for the shed, then again for my back patio. There is a place near 45th and State that does them (behind Cycle House). They say to not use them on the freeway, ha ha yeah right I'm in NSL/Woods Cross.

Trailers are hydraulic controlled and have their own little gas powered pump.

I've used pig panels in the concrete vs rebar. Quick to lay.