Anyone High School under 18

TOYchris

constant changes
Hi everyone,

I was wondering how many of you are 18 or under 18? I am still in high school ans was wondering what you all have done with your rigs, what you have learned, what you have done in school (clubs, trips, events) I was wondering if I can get some more Ideas for events at school.

I know so far, me and fellow students have accomplished a lot at Provo High School this year. Recently I came up with the idea of running over junk cars for a Skills USA lunchtime activity. So me and other students got permission from the principal and recieved help by teachers to go through with the plan. We were granted the permission from the principal, and went through with the event. It was neat, everyone who came and watched really liked seeing me mash cars with my Toyota. Another thing we did was coordinate a last-minute fundraiser for a family in Ogden who were going through hardships. We were successful in coming up with $400, gift certificates and a turkey. I also created the 4x4 club this year, which focuses on those who are interested in wheeling as much as I do.

If anyone has anymore ideas I would appreciate it. I know that there are other things that could be fun to do, but would push the liablity issue into question. It would be neat to have car show at my school, but I doubt I could get a turnout worth doing it. I only have a term left of school, so any ideas would be sufficient.

Thanks

xj beef

xj beef
that sounds like some good stuff. im a senior at LPHS in highland, i tried to make a 4x4 club at my school. but i was quickly turned down by all the rich prics and there fancy cars. so instead i just crawl up the ten stair at lunch and park my jeep in some deep rivine in the back of our parking lot. it attracts some attention and makes the administration mad. (and the police mad) but thats another story. other then that we have like 100 jeep wranglers at our school that have never even seen the dirt. and a handful of BMWs, mercades, lexus, and yes even some porches. so yeah the word 4x4 doesnt really come up that much. good luck with your clubs and stuff

81Ramchargerman

When I went to school at highand high in pocy, we had an unofficial club...the BTA or Beater Trucks of America, that anyone could join, there was even a car in it...that went offroading of course

yellowbronco

Cuts Through Grease !!!
TOYchris said:
Hi everyone,

I was wondering how many of you are 18 or under 18? I am still in high school ans was wondering what you all have done with your rigs, what you have learned, what you have done in school (clubs, trips, events) I was wondering if I can get some more Ideas for events at school.

I know so far, me and fellow students have accomplished a lot at Provo High School this year. Recently I came up with the idea of running over junk cars for a Skills USA lunchtime activity. So me and other students got permission from the principal and recieved help by teachers to go through with the plan. We were granted the permission from the principal, and went through with the event. It was neat, everyone who came and watched really liked seeing me mash cars with my Toyota. Another thing we did was coordinate a last-minute fundraiser for a family in Ogden who were going through hardships. We were successful in coming up with $400, gift certificates and a turkey. I also created the 4x4 club this year, which focuses on those who are interested in wheeling as much as I do.

If anyone has anymore ideas I would appreciate it. I know that there are other things that could be fun to do, but would push the liablity issue into question. It would be neat to have car show at my school, but I doubt I could get a turnout worth doing it. I only have a term left of school, so any ideas would be sufficient.

Thanks
Would a trail ride be an option? Also, didn't your club go clean up a trail a month or so back?

TOYchris

constant changes
Thanks

Thanks XJ Beef, it is neat to know that someone is doing stuff in school to keep the administration happy! It is hard to do everything. I think I am going to plan a field trip to our local machine shop next to show everyone what goes on to rebuild an engine. I think it would be more interesting to some more than others, but oh well, it is an excuse to get them out of class. They usually don't pay attention anyway. I think it would be good to continue our success in competitions also. I think it is neat that Skills USA, Weber State University and Ford AAA put on contests to sharpen our knowledge. I know it has for me. I am sure I have competed against some of you guys who are in automotive programs. My teacher just aquired a 4-runner as a donation and I think it would be neat to do a solid axle swap on it to get other students involved in 4-wheeling. I think more of my classmates would stay out of trouble and learn more with a hobby of their own. I have helped a lot of students so far get more active in the sport and it is well worth the efforts. Staying in the garage working on their rigs is a lot safer, more fun, and gives you lots of skills to use the rest of your life. Of couse some of us can take so much of it though. (Or can only work so much as money allows)

Thanks, any other suggestions would be helpful

Last edited:

TOYchris

constant changes
sorry

Yellow Bronco, I went and cleaned up Little Moab a few weeks ago, all of the people in the club had to work. I have planned several trail runs, but most of my classmates have to work on saturdays and that is the only time most of them can come.

SUPERFLY

CaptainRob
my school consists of my buddie and his 4runner (86 2in lift) other buddie (2000 tj 3in lift 33s) other kid who is loaded! dont claim him as a freind(2005wrangler unlimited 4in lift 35s, never left pavement but still somehow managed to dent up his whole under carage)

we all havve a good time but dopnt have an offical club although we want to make one

Paudrhound

TOYchris,
first of all keep up the great work, very impressive! You have a solid Admin that see's the benefits of good solid hobbies for all. Being a teacher it is rare to see admin's with that kind of forsight.
I know when I taught at Orem they had a 4x club ran by the auto teacher and they did some things. I don't know if it is still in existence, might be worth a phone call to them.
KEEP IT UP.

TOYchris

constant changes
admin

Yeah, my teachers are pretty cool. My automotive teacher is great, he helped me and a classmate to eventually win 2nd place at the Weber Automotive Contest. This year there were over 800 students in 5 states who competed. This made my teacher happy, especially when we won a new 2003 Corolla for the school to use as an aid. Weber is also sending 4 of us along with my teacher to the Los Angeles Grand Prix, Edelbrock, Toyota Racing Development, Peterson Museum and Toyota Motor Corp. next week. Without my auto teacher's backing on some things, we wouldn't be doing anything fun.

Fade2Black

Drinking bone
TOYchris said:
This made my teacher happy, especially when we won a new 2003 Corolla for the school to use as an aid.

"new" LOL. That car has had some intersting crap done to it. I've worked on that thing a lot in my classes at Weber. Last time I worked on it we were mapping the O2 sensor signal (with the sensor unplugged) and ran the car real rich. At that point, the cat. convertor started blasting us with the rotten egg smell, LOL.

We miss it, but now we use the '98 Land Cruiser for shop work.

Ask klif01 how much "fun" we've had with that damn car.

Weber is also sending 4 of us along with my teacher to the Los Angeles Grand Prix, Edelbrock, Toyota Racing Development, Peterson Museum and Toyota Motor Corp. next week. Without my auto teacher's backing on some things, we wouldn't be doing anything fun.

That's awesome! Wish I could go on a trip like that!

Oh, and that's some outstanding work with your club! Good on you for being responsible wheelers and responsible, generous members of the community!

Last edited:

Klif01

Do I bother you?
Fade2Black said:
That's awesome! Wish I could go on a trip like that!

Dude, you weren't supposed to tell everyone where I got my logos from..ohh wait, you didn't.

Why is weber sending high school kids to these cool things, but not us students who are actually paying the school.

I see how it is now, we pay them, they give the high school students stuf to attract them to the school! Awesome.

So provo high ended up winning the contest? Or who was it?
Thomas, we should get a club going at weber. I know the guys at New Mexico Tech got a club, and the school ended up paying like $600 for them to go to moab! They could use the money on anything while they were there!

TOYchris

constant changes
school

Blackfoot Idaho won the contest, we took 2nd. It's kind of odd, because there is no difference in contest awards except they had first pick on what cars they wanted, and they took the Chevy Malibu. We wanted the corolla anyway. A friend of mine also goes to Weber, and he said that we were neck and neck with Blackfoot the whole day. I don't think they had the same judges as we did, so I am wondering if the others were a little more lenient. Oh well, I am not complaining, I think it is awesome for Weber to put on a contest of such stature. I know that these contests have sharpened my skills. I have another contest on Friday -State Automotive finals at SLCC for Skills USA and then another at SLCC for Ford AAA coming up.

Oh, Fade to Black,

I know it isn't "new" but new to us. I noticed it has been used alot already. Do you know what happened to the engine cover? So did you do anything to the Maroon Durango we recieved from there?
What would be neat for Weber to get for an aid is the new Lexus LF-A concept!
I will be coming up to Weber for School this year. I am sure you will be able to notice either my Toy or my Talon.

Last edited:

Ben

Creasey
I am a senior at Alta high in sandy. There is about 15 lifted jeeps but all the same 3-4 lift with 33's. I have a 2003 jeep wrangler 102" wheel base 37 mtr's coil overs all around custom fuel cell cutsom bumpers 4:88's detroit lockers front and rear. I have never tried to start a club because Alta is full of rich kids and they all drive little sports cars.

jardine

wow you drive a streched tj with 37mtrs and detroits how did you afford that only being in high school? i have a hard enough time paying for gas

ksvb

toychris

hey I went to provo high that would have been fun for me and all my friends to be in that club we were always sluffin to go wheeling we should plan a trip out to little moab. I drove by provo high today and I seen your yota in the parking lot it looks pretty sweet i like the bobbed bed I want to swap for a solid axle in my 4 runner I already have the axle im just waiting to buy the kit that has everything I need hit me up

74highboy

i got to skyline and are auto teacher started the 4 wheel drive club 6 or so years ago once a year we do a club trip to moab and atleast once a month go out wheeling and twice a year we do a car show we have a car show coming up in april its on a friday if any one wants to come or even bring your rigs and show them off i will have more info tomarrow on the car show but we need all the cars and trucks we can get