Anyone into 3D printing?

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Trying my hand at designing from scratch using calipers and references.

GoPro mount for a BulletPoint 20mm ball. I didn't see one for the 20mm (non-freedom units) ball in Thingiverse so I figured why not try to make one. Pretty fun!

1705444806400.png

Last edited:

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Trying my hand at designing from scratch using calipers and references.

GoPro mount for a BulletPoint 20mm ball. I didn't see one for the 20mm (non-freedom units) ball in Thingiverse so I figured why not try to make one. Pretty fun!

View attachment 168865
Holy crap it worked!

Attachments

• IMG_5797.jpeg
    IMG_5797.jpeg
    467.2 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_5798.jpeg
    IMG_5798.jpeg
    412 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_5799.jpeg
    IMG_5799.jpeg
    289.9 KB · Views: 17

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I have no real use for a 3D printer, but the more I open and look at this thread, the more I tell myself I need one.
I've admittedly not used mine as much as I thought I would. But it is nice when a need arises to be able to "just print it". But even then there's some trial and error. To me, it's worth it because even the cheap plastic parts to order online take a week to get where I live. So this is pretty much my next day delivery option.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
Wow, that sheen makes it look like it’s still hot and gooey
Ya it's a bit more glossy than PLA or PETG.

The other cool thing about it is it's forgiving of design error. I printed the holes the exact size I mic'd the socket OD at. You have to build just the right tolerance with PLA and other "hard" plastics. TPU has some give so you can just ball park it.

Last edited: