Anyone Know About 4wheeler Clutches?

cowmilker

SUPER CHEESY
I have an 84 Suzuki lt50 for my son. A couple of months ago it started running bad and eventualy clogged up and died. Tonight I took the bottom off the carb and pulled the jet out to find some dirt had clogged it, I cleaned it made sure the float was not sticking and put the carb back together. When it was down with the clogged carb, my brother in law tried to get it going for the kids one day and the clutch froze up so that when you pull the rope the wheels try to turn. After I got through cleaning out the carb tonight I propped it up so that the wheels were off the ground and got it to start and it ran great,I even ran it up and down the street a few times, but the clutch is still locked up tight! I tried to jerk the throttle open and decelerate a few times but it didn't free it up.

Could my brother in law have broken something in it when he was trying to get it going for the kids (I think he might have tried to push start it), and if so is there anything I can do to get it to break free so I don't have to pushstart my son on it everytime?
Any hints on this would be appreciated, thanks.
Steve

There are three main types of clutches that were used on fourwheelers. There's a torque sensing automatic clutch like on snowmobiles, the regular pressure plates style like on a motorcycle and there's also a centrifugal cltuch on some too. Do you have a clutch handle or does it automatically go when you gass it? It's kinda hard to say what it is without knowing what the clutch is?