Anyone noticing KSL deleting parts ads in Rockcrawlers?

kidkrawler

Anyone else seeing this and take issue with it?

I think it is convenient that rock crawling parts can be listed in that forum. A moderator is deleting all of the parts ads, plus banning accounts. I have been banned twice, and there are parts ads all through out that area and it has been used that way for as long as I can remember. When I contacted to see wtf, I got a automatic response. Anyone else think this is a bunch of crap?

There are spam ads for $20k+ cars for ridiculous prices all over the freaking site that are spam bots gathering email addresses, but we can't list parts in the forum where it has been done for years.

Last edited:

mesha

By endurance we conquer
Haven't paid a whole lot of attention to KSL since they pulled the gun ads. I hope there was a HUGE drop off in traffic since then

I have been on twice since they deleted guns. Both times were links from RME :).
I am trying to stay away.

Slangy

Sgt. CulPepper
Anyone else seeing this and take issue with it?

I think it is convenient that rock crawling parts can be listed in that forum. Some idiot moderator is deleting all of the parts ads, plus banning accounts. I have been banned twice, and there are parts ads all through out that area and it has been used that way for as long as I can remember. When I contacted to see wtf, I got a automatic response. Anyone else think this is a bunch of crap?

There are spam ads for $20k+ cars for ridiculous prices all over the freaking site that are spam bots gathering email addresses, but we can't list parts in the forum where it has been done for years.

I posted some property I have for sale and they deleted 2 of the 3 that were posted, they also deleted another ad I had the same day. I don't know what's going on

Toad

I posted an axle in parts and crawlers. They deleted the one in the crawlers section and told me if I duplicated an add again I would get banned.

Another Jeep

ONDAROX
I agree that it sucks. Both for vendors and customers. KSL is making it more difficult for people to advertise. Kind of seems ironic eh!

airmanwilliams

I have been banned 2 times the last 2 weeks and just got my last warning and this is what they sent me:
Brandon,
The rock crawlers section is specifically and only for rock crawlers. You may not list auto parts in this section even if they pertain to rock crawlers. Your auto equipment must be listed in auto parts. All ads are only allowed to be listed in one category, and it must be the category that best explains what the item is. Rock Crawlers section of Classifieds is not for any type of equipment or parts or anything that is not a rock crawler. Please note that you must agree to KSL Terms of Use each time you place an ad on ksl.com and you have been warned on several occasions about placing an ad in the wrong category on your KSL account. I have reinstated your account. This message will serve as your final warning. Further misuse of free advertising on ksl.com may result in permanent suspension.

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
after reading the above post I can understand the reasoning... I don't want to see postings about a house in the auto parts section... and such... but instead of banning why don't they just move the post to where it belongs and send an email saying they did it... kinda like shane does here! lol

airmanwilliams

One thing ive also noticed is that I CANT put the word trade anywhere like "willing to also trade" at the bottom unless its in the trade section. I think they are trying to get everyone to move to other sites.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
I had a listing deleted when I posted some wheels in both the car and truck/suv sections at the same time. It looks to me like they are trying to control people putting up multiple listings of an item in different sections of the classifieds. I went back the next day and listed it in the section they deleted from and had no issues. I don't know why they are doing it, but they are definately going away from what made KSL.com the site it is.

kmboren

Recovering XJ owner anonymous
I had a add deleted but it was a double post in two sections. One on Rock crawler and another in wheels and tires. I am curious if I posted the wheels just in Rock Crawlers if it would be deleted. I guess they don't understand that there is a lot that can go into the Rock Crawler section that would get more hits than if it was in the parts section.

Coco

Ya, and it is really pissing me off... They have deleted or moved my ad several times now because they dont think they are "rockcrawler" items

Really getting sick of there sh*t lately....

Crinco

KSL has been over-run by scammers and problems for years and maybe this is how they are trying to get a tighter grip on the site, by enforcing their policys better. Truth is, it's a GREAT service for free but I am so sick of the scammers I dont even like to use KSL much any more.
Maybe they might be willing to sit down and talk to someone knowledgable who can explain that not all rockcrawlers are buggies, and that most of the parts for our creations come from every day cars and trucks. knowing they dont have any support in our sport makes me wonder why they even have that section on there to begin with....

sabatoa1

I just got banned and they will not reactivate my account!!! pisses me off because I sell tons of shit on there, it was a source of income for me!!!

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
This is getting ridiculous.
They deleted my ad for a transfer case in the rock crawler section.

It's for a rock crawler!
Where do I put it?

Dear KSL Classified User:

Your ad was mis-categorized and has been moved to the correct section of the site. A note has been made in your account. Please note the following guidelines from the first page of the new ad form:

1. Use Only One (1) Category. Select the correct category for your Ad. You may not post your Ad in more than one (1) category. If no category fits the goods you are selling, do not post an Ad.

9. Free Category. Ads placed in the Free category on the Site must be free items only. No Services or businesses ads are allowed in the Free category. No Garage or Yard Sales are to be placed in this category. Each item must be completely free with no strings attached.

Items Wanted - select the appropriate category for the item and then select "Wanted" from the Ad Type selection on the Ad information page.
Note: For Trade or Barter ads must be listed in that category only. Business or Promotion ads must be placed in KSL Local. This message will serve as a warning. Users who continue to disregard posting rules will have their accounts suspended and may be permanently banned.

Link to the posting rules: http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=391&sid=848020

ksl.com