anyone regret their debt??

fullsizeyota

I fart sometimes
hey guys, i was thinking about it, how many of you regret buying things on credit??

2 years ago my dad gave me a truck. the truck was paid for and he said it was mine..... i got a loan against the truck to buy my landcruiser..... then the front end went out on the truck (old ttb) so i borrowed more money against it...

i guess being young and dumb like i am, i didnt realize how much extra it was costing me... since i had a lein on the truck, i had to carry full coverage insurance (168 per month) so my 120 dollar payment was really 288 per month and i still had an older truck with 11MPG........ i finally sold my commercial riding lawn mower and the truck, now i am out from under that. it feels so good now.....

i have a new method now... dont even look for things to buy until i have some money and a good idea of what i want to pay.... also leave the debit card home unless i am out of town where i might need it.......

living pay check to pay check is stupid. especially since i live at home with my parents.......

hey thats the other thing, i gotta save money so i can get married and buy my own house...

glad i learned this lesson before i got too carried away in debt...

whats your story??

ace

Parts Collector
Now make sure you marry someone with the same understanding, and make sure you have health insurance.

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
Hey, I'm pratically an old man, and I just cleared some stupid credit card debt that was associated with my wrangler. Good that you learned your lesson early, It took me way too long. I have one loan left, that is a rather substantial school loan that I will do my best to pay off as quickly as possible, but all other debt is gone.

Credit cards (and any credit really) can be evil if care is not taken with it.

Chiksic

Resident Stoner
The only debt I have is my car payment, which makes my life easy. Both of my parents know a lot about finances and I've had basic consepts like stay debt-free and have a savings my whole life. It just comes naturally for me. But it's a great lesson to learn. Personally, though, I spend less when I use a credit or debit card than if I use cash. Cash just burns a hole in my pocket and if I carry cash I spend it. That's why I don't carry cash. But, some people have the same prob with carrying plastic. To each their own.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I have some pretty sweet credit card debt that is a result of school tuition. Once my scholarships ran out my parents were going to help me but they also ran into some financial troubles so the only fast option I had was a credit card for tuition. It sucks, but it's managable. If I were to take away the $$$ that I had to put on there for school, I would only have like 4000 in credit card debt which to me is no big deal and I could pay that off in about a year. As it is, it's a slow annoying process getting rid of debt.

Cody

Caleb

well, I just sold my buggy to pay off all my debt...I was (am?) young and dumb and did spend a little on credit cards. However for the last year or two I have been paying them down but I was just so frustrated wtih stinking debt so I took a drastic measure to get rid of it. Priorities I guess ;) The best thing now is that I have quite a bit of extra cash each month to do with as I please. I dont really "regret" that way I did things. I think I have been for the most part financially smart, but there are times (Honeymoon for me) that you spend more than you should. I paid cash for everything while building my buggy (except for those parts I needed to use a CC for to order and the charges were immediately paid off) I also have my own house and both my wife and I drive nice vehicles. I was at this point in my life at 21. Those that live with your parents still don't have a clue about "real life". I know most that live with parents will admit that but there are some that think they have things so figured out when their life has actually yet to begin.

Debt does suck, from now on in my life there are only going to be three times I will use credit. Buying a new house, a new car for me, and a new car for my wife. Once I buy the cars (not at the same time) I will pay them off and then from that point on any vehicle purchases will be with cash. I can't tell ya how sick of debt I am.

JeeperG

Yup debt does suck. I have not borrowed money for at least 4 or 5 years. I also try to listen to Dave Ramsey on the weekdays to keep me in line and remember that "Credit is a myth" You do not need Credit for any reason what so ever.

Johnny4X4

I think I am doing rather well, I owe a little on my jeep still,(paid off by next feb) and of coarse my house,(paid off in 13 years) but my Credit card is paid off every payday, i use it to auto pay a few bills, so there isnt ever much on there. i do get the urge to use it to fix up the jeep sometimes, but then i just read stuff like this and wait till i got the cash :D

Amy

Limited Supply Of Sanity
Oh Man...Debt is a B****! I was in debt for about 6 years...preatty much as soon as I moved out of my parents house around the age of 17. I then acquired three credit cards, car payments, insurance and an ex-boyfriends debt that I put into my name of about 6,000. I had been so tired of waking up everyday with that weight on my shoulders I decided to pay everything off in a very short time, not to meniton that most of it went into collections while I was living/playing in moab for a summer. So, when I moved up to park city I managed to work 6 days a week for 12 hours per day or more for 6 months. I payed off about $10,000 of my debt and as soon as I get paid this friday I am paying off my last $500.00 in debt. I only have car, insurance and rent now.
THANK F****** GOD THAT HELL IS OVER!
Now that Herzog has a good paying job, I am going to quite the bad job I work at and go to school part time and work part time.
:D :D :D Doing everything right this time around.