Anyone up for a Saturday Delta trip?

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Theres the chance of a Delta Trip within the next few weeks, but I don't have a solid date yet. Chris Holley and I have been talking about going soon.

Anyone want to hookup and go with us? More then likely, we'll be heading out early Saturday morning and come back Sat Evening. If you know the area pretty well, that would be great! I've never been there and Chris knows only of Cat Canyon. Who's intrested?

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Bit of advice--driving down and back the same day makes for a LOOOONG day of driving. I'd recommend either leaving Friday night, camping or staying at the Rancher Motel (dive, but it's only $25-ish per night), or staying somewhere Saturday night. Anything to break up that drive.

If you play your cards right, you can easily run two and maybe even three trails the same day--say Chainsaw, then Cat Canyon. (or Sawmill if you prefer)

Oh yeah...I'm not interested in going, since I have no rig. :D Von needs to go somewhere though, maybe you can talk him into it? Hey Von, you listening? ....Von....?

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
the crappy part about the trails in the delta area is that they are literally 1 hour west of town. so you drive to the place and then spend an hour driving out to the trails to run them!! desert mountain is a little bit easier to get to and takes about half as much time. I would be interested if I get my motor swap out of the way.....

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Chris drove down over a Saturday awhile ago and wheeled Cat Canyon, he said it wasn't too bad. We'll keep the Motel idea in mind though, thanks.

Spence- You can get it done! I still need to wrap up the EFI Swap......:rolleyes:

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
well I might be starting the EFI swap here in a couple of days...it will suck but let me know. I might be heading down to delta this weekend but not for sure...?!?

1\4elliptic toy

shenanigans!
Yo Greg, I'll go!! I went down a couple of weeks ago we left here (kamas) at 7:00 AM and got there at 10:00. We ran cat and chainsaw and still made it home by 11:00 that night. It was a long day but well worth it. :D

Wanker Delux

The Other Greg
Originally posted by spencurai
the crappy part about the trails in the delta area is that they are literally 1 hour west of town. so you drive to the place and then spend an hour driving out to the trails to run them!! desert mountain is a little bit easier to get to and takes about half as much time. I would be interested if I get my motor swap out of the way.....

You can DO IT!

I'm probably available for a co-driver spot if anyone needs one.

WayneXJ

grocery getter driver
I think I can make it down for the 2nd. If I do I'll probably head out Friday night and sleep in the back of my truck.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Let me know the weekend you guys are planning on goning. I have Olympic Skeleton trials the 8-10th of November but any other weekend I may be able to make it.

Cody