Anyone up for Moab this weekend?

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I am probably going to head down to Moab this Friday (July 26th) for the weekend. anyone else planning on going or want to meet up?

Cody

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
DAMMIT!! i might just have to put together a last minute moab scramble. let me talk to the wife and check her work schedule. if i can go we will leave thursday mid day. i will get back to you. when are you leaving??

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Dang, sounds really tempting. I'm getting ready for a trip to 21 Road next weekend and have a bunch of things to do, otherwise, I'd be on it. What days & trails are you thinking about?

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I can really leave whenever. I have work off until monday. I was planning on leaving Friday mid morning, but whatever works.

As for trail selection, I'm down for whatever. I'm going by myself so if no one shows up I'm just going to try and tag along with the City Market crowd. I would like to run Lower Helldorodo or Pritchett or something difficult like that but I"m up for whatever.

Cody

Mike_Lib

Mall Crawlin'
Damn you! I'm tempted to go, but I was going to try and finish my front end this weekend. My gut tells me if I drive it with the 760's then it's gonna be explodarama again. :(

Mike_Lib

Mall Crawlin'
Shiiiitttt....this is really buggin' me now. I don't want to miss a moab trip. So pritchett on Saturday? I may be able to pull it off, but I'd have to come back Sat night or Sun morning so I can pull my rig apart and send some parts out for machine work (long story).

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
crap man!! the wife has a doctors appointment mid day friday. i cant justify 1.5 days of wheelin. i have to get down there before school starts though!!

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Originally posted by Mike_Lib
Just checked the weather....Saturday in Moab is calling for 96 and thunderstorms

:mad:

I'll bring 2 canvas tops and a tarp :)

Come on Lib, I need a trail leader for Pritchett--I've never been.

Cody

Mike_Lib

Mall Crawlin'
OK...I'm trying to work the system to make this work (gotta bs my boss and get a new flight). I'll know by tomorrow @ lunch.

Do you have anything for spares? I've only run the trail once and it broke crap on almost everyone's rig. I can lead us through if you feel comfortable following some wannabee in a shiny grocery getter :D

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Spares? No, hell I don't have skidplates. I do have a couple spare parts, ujoints, bolts etc. and every fluid that my vehicle has in it.

I'll follow you, I don't have the traction to make it everywhere you go, but you also have probably 1000 pnds on me so I'll give it a try.

If I break, I have a trailer.

Lemme know what you decide, I'm on wrench duty in my driveway all day tomorrow.

Cody

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
an alternate is providence canyon in cache valley?!? it is supposed to be a pretty heinous trail and i am excited to get to it!! 3 clubs are running. i really wanna go to moab but i think i am going to have to settle for this trip. if you guys wanna camp out at my place on friday you are more than welcome. i have one extra bed and plenty of parking. if you wanna do last minute wrenching i have access to a shop. let me know.

"This Saturday, Big Horn and Extreme Ammo are doing Prov again. It should be
fun. Everybody is welcome. We are leaving the 21st street Park and Ride in
Ogden at 9am then and stopping to unload at the Macy's in Logan. If you've
never done this run it's alot of fun. There are alot of trails up there. The
little rock from last year is gone I've benn told. I love the trail."

WayneXJ

grocery getter driver
Originally posted by spencurai
an alternate is providence canyon in cache valley?!? it is supposed to be a pretty heinous trail and i am excited to get to it!! 3 clubs are running. i really wanna go to moab but i think i am going to have to settle for this trip. if you guys wanna camp out at my place on friday you are more than welcome. i have one extra bed and plenty of parking. if you wanna do last minute wrenching i have access to a shop. let me know.

"This Saturday, Big Horn and Extreme Ammo are doing Prov again. It should be
fun. Everybody is welcome. We are leaving the 21st street Park and Ride in
Ogden at 9am then and stopping to unload at the Macy's in Logan. If you've
never done this run it's alot of fun. There are alot of trails up there. The
little rock from last year is gone I've benn told. I love the trail."

Hmmmm.......... this could be my excuse to go up and visit the parents this weekend.:D

Last edited:

Mike_Lib

Mall Crawlin'
So Cody...you still in for sure? If I go I won't be able to drive down till late Friday night and I'll have to leave by lunch time at the latest on Sunday. It would suck if we drove all the way down there and it rained and stormed and blah blah blah...

Anyway...Providence Canyon sounds like it could be fun? How does this compare to AF canyon? Not to sound picky, but I ran AF canyon 2 weeks ago and it didn't exactly 'float my boat' :D
If it's like that then I'm going to Moab :D

xjc

I give up :(
logan sounds good, I would like to go but I don't know how TW will take the idea. I have read writeups about the trail and everyone says its a blast. I just don't know if my poor little xj is up for it. anyway, call me before you go

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Lib,

I'm still in. Talked to Parker last night and Ryan Goeller, they are going down as well and seemed interested in a Pritchett run on Saturday and then maybe Lower Helldorodo afterwards. I"m going to call Goeller later on to confirm as he was a bit under the influence. ;)

Mike, I understand if you can't make it, sometimes its just not in the cards. The rain would be a bitch but it adds a new dimension to things eh? I've never been to Southern Utah and seen a thunderstorm last more than an hour or two. Not to say it doenst happen, but "possiblity of t-storms" doens't lead my mind to believe that Hurrican Andrew is brewing above south eastern utah.

You can get ahold of me at 801-634-6656 if you wanna chat about it.

Cody
Cody