Anyone up for wheeling OGDEN CITY MALL!!!

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
This should be in rockcrawling trips but hey.....

I talked to a guy that is in charge of some of the demolition at Ogden Mall. they are in the process of diggin up the Jeep sized footings from underground.

Currently they are all stacked up by the parking structure towards the west side of the lot and just asking for some Big Dogs to attack them.

I am going to talk to this guy tomorrow sometime and work out the details but I was wondering if there is any interest in getting it AWN in a big way up here. we are talking 2 acres of jeep to house sized boulders in varying shapes, sizes and orientations arranged in relatively close proximity. total potential UROC venue if it werent for to the fact that these cement blocks have a death warrant.......

They will probably be around for another couple weeks so lets get the discussion going and I will update you guys on the availibility of this area on a VERY limited basis...

ohh as far as requirements....you probably need 35's or larger with front and rear lockers and at least 100" wheelbast to make the climbs....if you aren't sure if your rig can drive up and over a f-350 ford pickup.....you probably wont make it....

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
Originally posted by the stud boy
Are they the one' s nearest to your work? I've had my eye's on them for a month now. Ill give up some time to try this!

in case you didn't read above....nothing this side of 37's is making it anywhere on this rock pile.....samurais need not apply.....now grocerygetter....you would have fun...

I will let you guys know if I can get this lined up...

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
is it just up and down, or do we get stuck on top :D

I like to go up stuff, but my tolerance for descents is much lower.

Cody

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
huh....that is weird...I like the go down better than up....there are some seriously cool (read nasty) climbs along with some reasonably easy ones. you would have a constant attack to try and get up and over....I will take a ****load of pix tomorrow...

Caleb

I would be up fpor it *IF* my rig is done but I seriously doubt it will be done:(...I am going to start bending the cage this weekend I think:D

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
Originally posted by supergper
I would be up fpor it *IF* my rig is done but I seriously doubt it will be done:(...I am going to start bending the cage this weekend I think:D

well hurry it up. the guy hasn't been there for a couple of days due to incliment weather...I will catch up with him soon.....soon......

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
ok here are the pix
mall1.jpg

mall2.jpg

mall3.jpg

mall4.jpg

mall5.jpg

I talked to the guy today, he is excited, now I just have to talk to another guy, his partner, then talk to the city planners...to get full authorized permission....what do you guys think...??

they even volunteered to push them closer together if we wanted.....there are some large gaps in there...

muleskinner

Holy He!!, Tell them to bring them out to my house instead of crushing them! That would make a nice rockgarden to test rigs on.
How long will it be like that?

Caleb

dayum...those are nice...who was property we could get them moved to...like muleskinner said, that would make a sweet rockgarden...

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
if you could haul them, I am sure they would be free!!

they said they have about 2 months of life left before they are crushed.

Skyetone

Kinda crabby latley
I'm all about it :D I'll test the 40's and I best be getting my belly skids on. I'm really game though. May even fubar the driveline :D If i need parts it's not to hard either LOL keep me informed. looks seriosly fun.