Anyone use an OX locker?

hey all,

I have been trying to rid myself of my pain in the arse spool in my D60 for a while now and just can't seem to make a decision. I really really wanted to use the Teraflex T-locker but I called to order it the other day and found out there is no 30 spline application available. So now I am wondering about the OX for the D60.

My requirements are a selectable locker so the street damage to my tires is lessoned, and I would like to stay 30 spline as I have an investment in shafts there.

My questions are: Has anyone had experience with the OX locker? Good/bad? I hear complaints about cable adjustment but think that could also be the installer's issue.

I appreciate anyone's feedback on this.
-Adam

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I've tried to help fix a few on the trail. I'd get a different one after my experiences. ARB seems to be the best D60 selectable locker in my experience.

fordy4

I have an ox in my front dana 44. I have had it for 5 years or so without a single problem, or need for further adjustment with the cable etc. I have seen MANY air lockers with problems on the trail. I don't have experience with the ox for the 60 however. It seems to me that there is less to go wrong with the cable than the air or electric options, but that is just my opinion and experience. The ox does seem to be a bit more of a hassle to get locked. You kind of have to feel it in instead of just pressing a button. I think it is definetly an installer issue with the cable adjustment. The instructions are very detailed on how to set it up, and as long as they are followed step by step, I think it is pretty hard to get it wrong.

Last edited:

yellowbronco

Cuts Through Grease !!!
My only known experience with an Ox was at the Golden Crack. Some poor guy had hired Dan Mick to guide him, only to have his locker take a crap! But then again, alot of people talk trash about Electracs and mine has worked fine for 2 years.:D