Anyone using 34 DGEC on a samurai,

xjc

I give up :(
It appears that the cheepest way to dump the original samurai carb is a 34 DGEC. Kit around $250. Anyone using one? Any complaints about the jetting or factory setup on the kits?

Also, how does it take steep climbs relative to a stock carb.

Thanks

O'neal

?????????
From reading disscusion's on the various zuk board's they say the 34dg weber suck's and the 32/36 is the way to go.I run a 32/36 and it work's great after I reversed it,but then they like to die going down rather than up which is still better.
Have you thought about the other kit's out now that are running harley carb's,pretty much runable at all angle's.

zukking01

...the other kit's out now that are running harley carb's,pretty much runable at all angle's.

It is called a MY-SIDE and it is great. Somebody did a write up with it on a stock gear and lifted in 4wd high and he burned all 4 tired on the driveway. Left rubber marks down it. The MY-SIDE gives great power and is cheap. I think it is like $250 plus the carb of your choice. It uses a harley davidson constant velocity carb so it can run at any angle your vehicle can take.

xjc

From reading disscusion's on the various zuk board's they say the 34dg weber suck's .

I did a little searching and couldn't find much on the subject, what have you heard is wrong with it? I have heard it will get worse gas mileage but I have a real hard time caring about that, If it would run good and got 15 MPG I would be thrilled. Thats what you get out of a 800cc polaris on a good day.

So, any details or a good link would be appreciated

O'neal

?????????

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
It is called a MY-SIDE and it is great. Somebody did a write up with it on a stock gear and lifted in 4wd high and he burned all 4 tired on the driveway. Left rubber marks down it. The MY-SIDE gives great power and is cheap. I think it is like $250 plus the carb of your choice. It uses a harley davidson constant velocity carb so it can run at any angle your vehicle can take.

Where did you find this kit for $250? I've seen it for around $400. I think that this is a really neat setup, so any info on it would be awesome.

xjc

top end performance. webercarbs.com I believe. I don't know why but they kick everyones trash on price. My 34/34 came yesterday and it seems to be a complete kit although I haven't gone though it very thoroughly yet. The 32/36 is only a few bucks more too, at this point I am wishing I had ordered the 32/36 based on everyones comments but I think I'll try it. I have always heard the 32/36 has so much trouble at steep angles that I am willing to give something else a try. My junk is dedicated off road so all I care about is power. .

O'neal

?????????
I'd like to know how the 34 run's for ya.I have a spare 32/36 laying around somewhere that worked well last used if that's a route you wanna go,just need the adapter plate's for it....

xjc

I probably won't get it on until after christmas but I will report on how it goes. I hope we get a good now day after I get it on. It would be nice to be able to spin the 33's, it has always been so pathetioc with the malfunctioning stock carb.

xjc

my wiring is all tore up anyway so I am going to get out of the electricity thing as much as I can. All it will take is an electric choke wire. I can handle that. Comparing the new carb to the stock one. One barrel of the 35 is about as big as both on the stock carb. This ought to make things flow a bit better. Doing a custom exhaust won't hurt either. Come to thingk of it I might need a cam :)