Anyone wanna run Elephant Hill on Thursday, June 3rd?

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
I have a California friend coming in to town for a couple weeks on business. He has one travel buddy with him. They will have a little free time, and he has never experienced any sort of Utah 'wheeling. Naturally, I need to correct that. I always like to use Elephant Hill as an introduction to Moab Jeeping, so I suggested it to him. He is all for it. Schedule-wise, the only day that works is Thursday, June 3rd... so that's what we have planned. I plan to run the entire trail and do both hikes, so it'll be a full day's adventure.

Now all I need is another vehicle (with at least one empty passenger seat) to join us. Is anyone available?

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
I have a California friend coming in to town for a couple weeks on business. He has one travel buddy with him. They will have a little free time, and he has never experienced any sort of Utah 'wheeling. Naturally, I need to correct that. I always like to use Elephant Hill as an introduction to Moab Jeeping, so I suggested it to him. He is all for it. Schedule-wise, the only day that works is Thursday, June 3rd... so that's what we have planned. I plan to run the entire trail and do both hikes, so it'll be a full day's adventure.

Now all I need is another vehicle (with at least one empty passenger seat) to join us. Is anyone available?
I wish! I love that trail!

DAA

I did it last week. Trail has had some recent maintenance but it's still a lot of fun. That weekend isn't possible for me though unfortunately.

On a Thursday I wouldn't expect getting a permit to be a problem, but, visitation was beyond anything I could have ever imagined. More people than I would have thought possible. Vehicles were parked on the shoulder leading into squaw flat for half a mile. it might be a good idea to secure your permit as soon as possible just to be safe. I had secured mine months in advance.

- DAA