April 1st

Meat_

Banned
ut4x4Bronco said:
I was with a rag tag group of 3 that went down Constrictor half way, to where the huge size rock sits in the middle of the trail. We turned around and came out. After doing snakes we decided to just turn around and go home. Can a 83" wide big-bronco make it through? The bronco is geared and locked with Dana 60's.

This

attachment.php

is the first obstacle of Constrictor (I'm coming down it), if you drove around this, you didn't do any of Constrictor.

Last edited:

ut4x4Bronco

BigHunkenBronco
Badger said:
you would have some nice tight spots but i don't see why as long as your locked front and back and have a winch.i would say you still need some good lift and 35's~36's

and i always have to ask this but are you sure you truely ran constrictor.people take that driveway to the right on top of the wash and think thats the trail.

I was told we were in there. There is the huge rock on the right and a tree to the left that I drove through. When I first saw it I thought it was going to be tight, but once there I fit just fine. I had 35" SSR's, now I have 37" IROK's and I do have a winch.

Badger

I am the Brute squad
ya you might have been up on Constrictor and the rock you speak of was most likely what was the Fang.the picture above is the true way in.but because poeple fail to read the sign they drive right around it and some of the other obsticles that are on constrictor.i'm sure you could do it with the bronco its just be prepared for body damage and have what the sign say.

Two Lockers and a Winch

attachment.php

krazz1e

yeah I was in that group with ut4x4bronco, we did run it, and did not take the bypasses at the start. As we were going up it started to get more narrow and only ut4x4bronco had a winch, being that day was really wet and muddy and we had problems on WW we turned back..... we'll head up there again soon.

ut4x4bronco, I don't see why you couldn't do it. give it a shot.

1995zj

I'm addicted
Alright so does this mean that everyone is headed out to the snakes? I am planning on going somewhere on Sat. I just don't know where. I have never attempted Con since it has always been snowy when I've been but I am pretty positive I could do it. I have an XJ, 7.5" lift and 33's locked up with ARB's front and rear. The only thing I lack is a winch, which is why I bring 00harpdawg with me :p

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
I'll most likely head out there too....I'll have my 5 month old son with me and I won't go up CON with him. I'll go around and meet you guys at the waterfall, though. Too much roll over opportunity at the gate keeper, radiator rapids and of course eagles nest.

lewis

Fight Till You Die
waynehartwig said:
I'll most likely head out there too..
good to know, I might need your big winch to haul my tractor up eagles nest if i can make it that far,third times a charm right. my bro. has a winch but my rig is fat and his isn't as big as yours.

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
lewis said:
good to know, I might need your big winch to haul my tractor up eagles nest if i can make it that far,third times a charm right. my bro. has a winch but my rig is fat and his isn't as big as yours.
Sounds like winch envy... ;)

1995zj

I'm addicted
waynehartwig said:
Sounds like winch envy... ;)

Yeah about winch envy, I do not have a winch but would like to do Constictor :-\ . Basically is there anybody that would let me tag along so I don't attempt the trail alone for my first time, and because I know I will be needing a winch.

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
1991xj said:
Yeah about winch envy, I do not have a winch but would like to do Constictor :-\ . Basically is there anybody that would let me tag along so I don't attempt the trail alone for my first time, and because I know I will be needing a winch.
I won't drive the first part with my son with me, but I'll meet you at the waterfall for a yank so you can finish the trail.

1995zj

I'm addicted
waynehartwig said:
I won't drive the first part with my son with me, but I'll meet you at the waterfall for a yank so you can finish the trail.

Alright sounds good, and there isn't anything before that where I would need one is there?

lewis

Fight Till You Die
its suppose to rain so sorry but i'm out. with no top and a see through floor the rain comes down and the mud comes up. maybe someday-

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
1991xj said:
Alright sounds good, and there isn't anything before that where I would need one is there?
Only if you can't make it up to the waterfall on your own. There are a couple of areas that if you get off your line could put you in a position where a winch would come in handy. Top of radiator rapids for example. If you fall off your line it's easy to suck up a seat cover. But you have a LWB rig, so this won't be much of an issue as it is with someone in a SWB rig and stock width axles.

1995zj

I'm addicted
waynehartwig said:
Only if you can't make it up to the waterfall on your own. There are a couple of areas that if you get off your line could put you in a position where a winch would come in handy. Top of radiator rapids for example. If you fall off your line it's easy to suck up a seat cover. But you have a LWB rig, so this won't be much of an issue as it is with someone in a SWB rig and stock width axles.

alright well it turns out i do have a buddy with a winch coming along so i should be good. dang i need to get my own and stop using other people.....or maybe not :D