ARB Bumper quick question

cjfj80

I bought a taco a while back and it has an ARB bumper on it. I'm pretty sure it is not meant to go on this truck. The mounting is custom and it just looks too big. It sticks out 4+ inches on each side of the truck.
Is there a way to tell what this ARB is meant to go on?

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
There should be a part number on the back of the bumper, stamped onto a small plate which is welded to the bumper itself. Otherwise post a pic of the mounting and bumper and I might be able to ID. Does your Tacoma have the factory wider flares?

cjfj80

Sorry it took me longer to get these on here, I called the guy I got the truck from and he said he got it from a toy tundra, He wanted it over sized. I cannot find an ID number or plate on it anywhere. Thanks for the help!
2013-01-31_19-14-25_991.jpg2013-01-31_19-13-26_355.jpg2013-01-31_19-13-17_127.jpg2013-01-31_19-12-53_408.jpg2013-01-31_19-14-45_252.jpg2013-01-31_19-14-36_152.jpg2013-01-31_19-13-04_873.jpg

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Without fail, it is not the Tacoma ARB bumper in fact I can't readily identify what bumper it is. I've not seen an ARB bumper made in the last 15 years that had the Warn "W" cutout, however the construction looks liked it is in fact a an ARB bumper. I doubt it is a Tundra bar, they didn't make a commercial bar (that style of ARB) until the 2007 models and that is not it. Not sure what you have there?

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
How is your winch mounted? Looks like it could be upside down or something.
Could it be a non winch bumper?

Good catch, it's definitely not a method ARB uses to mount winches. Most confusing is the fact the bumper has the Warn "W" on it, not just because I've never seen an ARB as such but if it was a Warn collaboration bumper, you would think the winch would fit :D

cjfj80

The winch is mounted upright. I'll try to get some more pics of the mounting tomorrow. I did some internet searches and found another guy with the same bumper with the W stamp on it mounted to a taco trying to find out what it goes to with no luck. The things looks like it was meant to go on this though or someone did a good job on building brackets.

cjfj80

The ARB tag is mounted like every other ARB tag I've ever seen. Not that it couldn't be copied. :rolleyes:
I'd hoped to put find out, put this one up for sale, call kurt and get one that fits. I also sent an email off to ARB, maybe they can ID it.

Last edited:

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
I don't recall the part number (discontinued for years) but there was a bumper available for 3rd gen 4Runners and it was a bit wider than the Tacoma. I'll wrack my brain on it...

I do think it is an ARB, the design all looks kosher.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
What's interesting to me, besides the winch location, is the solid tube all the way across the bumper. Most ARB designs have the winch mounted in a way that it cuts into that main tube, or there is a big opening for airflow. Not many ARB bumpers have that main piece span the whole bumper without having the winch fairlead cut into it a bit.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
I don't recall the part number (discontinued for years) but there was a bumper available for 3rd gen 4Runners and it was a bit wider than the Tacoma. I'll wrack my brain on it...

I do think it is an ARB, the design all looks kosher.

Archive.org for the win, found it on my website circa 06'ish.

ARB 3421010
Toyota 4Runner Winch Bar - $740.50
Retail $1057.11
(Fits 96'-02' 4Runners with OEM wide fender flares)
Part# ARB 3421010

65811-md.jpg

Even has the "W", I can't remember them having that but sure enough all the pics do which jives with yours.

Case closed :D

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Perhaps its just hard to see in your pics but does yours have the same bottom trim as the bumper show above? Yours looks like the pieces on each side of the winch fairlead are missing or it could have been an earlier version and not had them? I think that is why it looked as if the winch was an after thought?