arb switches

MattL

SO.....
What kind of arb switches that are non arb made do people run?

Its time to start working on the pig again.

anyone have a electrical lay out at all?
does one really need the arb wire harness?

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
No, you can wire it yourself. Or you can even go wireless! Plumb the air through ball valves mounted in the cab and you'd never have to worry about switches or solenoids! Any on/off switch could be made to work. It would be more difficult to use alternate switches if you intend to use the ARB harness. If I were ever to use ARBs again (and of course I never intend to) I would use a York. Not the crappy ARB compressor.

MattL

sounds like it could be done easy with out the stock switches.
So anyone know where i could get some of the swithes i posted above locally?

Rabidray

rockmunky

i think your the only person that i have run across with anything bad to say about arb,s..........

please elaborate on the negative aspects of these lockers.....i currently own 2 of them and would like too hear all about the down side of this product.....

like what too avoid doing with/to them ect...........................

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Rabidray said:
i think your the only person that i have run across with anything bad to say about arb,s..........

please elaborate on the negative aspects of these lockers.....i currently own 2 of them and would like too hear all about the down side of this product.....

like what too avoid doing with/to them ect...........................
Here we go...

I have owned many in the past, and I absolutely hate them. They are way too complicated. Way too many different things have to happen to make them work. Too many links in the chain make it likely that one of them is going to fail. Seen many on trails that were not working. I destroyed a dana 44 ARB and a Dana 30 ARB within 30 days of each other, with 33s! The compressors suck, and don't last more than a year or two. Ugh, I could go on and on... You guys all keep buying them, I'm the only one who ever has problems with those turds.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I've had my compressor for 3 years. Works fine. Maybe you are just abusive, Mr. Monkey?!??!? Matbe you should take a little time to smell the roses. eh? Maybe it's YOU! Did you ever think that maybe YOU WERE THE PROBLEM ALL ALONG?!?!?

:hickey:

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
i've heard from everybody that if there are problems, more than likely it's because of a poor install job...

i won't run them either, too expensive for me and i agree with your complicated comment...

i'm going elec. lockers when i get to that road...

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Elder SAMI said:
i've heard from everybody that if there are problems, more than likely it's because of a poor install job...

i won't run them either, too expensive for me and i agree with your complicated comment...

i'm going elec. lockers when i get to that road...
Yup, everyone tries to pass all ARBs problems off on poor installs. Why is it that only ARBs have so many problems with "poor installs"? My ARBS were installed by proffessionals that had installed hundreds of them. It had nothing to do with the installation, they are just weak crappy turds! ARB owners viciously defend them, and say other people's problems with them are always "installation problems". Maybe it's because they have to feel like they got their money's worth? They just spent two grand (or more) on a couple lockers, and they can't admit that there are any problems with their huge purchase? Whatever, I'm glad other people are happy with them. I still have the right to my opinion, formed after much personal experience. It's just not a good enough locker for me.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
i agree, it doesn't seem bulletproof enough for me... my buddy's Cherocrap has f/r ARB's and they are funky alot of the time! no thanks. that's not dependable enough for the time money and safety of it all...

somehow ARB has brainwashed everyone into believing that the only flaw possible a is poor install.... there's like 300 ity-bity moving parts to make it work right.... i don't think so.... i like simple to understand, stout, equipment... i have a rear spool... annoying at times... but it will always lock when i want it to :D ya know? like a said, elec is the way i'm gonna go later down the road....

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Elder SAMI said:
i agree, it doesn't seem bulletproof enough for me... my buddy's Cherocrap has f/r ARB's and they are funky alot of the time! no thanks. that's not dependable enough for the time money and safety of it all...

somehow ARB has brainwashed everyone into believing that the only flaw possible a is poor install.... there's like 300 ity-bity moving parts to make it work right.... i don't think so.... i like simple to understand, stout, equipment... i have a rear spool... annoying at times... but it will always lock when i want it to :D ya know? like a said, elec is the way i'm gonna go later down the road....
Yup, brainwashed. I would sure be pissed if one of the million links in the ARB chain failed during a competition. Luckily I learned my lesson before I started competing. -_-

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
You guys sound just like the Auto Vs. Stick arguments. :rolleyes:

"I don't know how an Auto tranny works, it must be BLACK MAGIC!"

troutbum

cubi-kill
back on topic, Waytec sells the switches that ARB rebadges, I have a bunch of them, they are pretty cheap as well.

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Hickey said:
You guys sound just like the Auto Vs. Stick arguments. :rolleyes:

"I don't know how an Auto tranny works, it must be BLACK MAGIC!"
It its black magic... And they rock! :D