ARB $$$

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
That video was posted on youtube about a year before the Zip Locker was even available to the public.... needless to say changes were made in processes and material choices.

Plus every body knows with an ARB your ring gear bolts are going fall out unless you safety wire them.

I've sold and installed hundreds & hundreds of ARB's, zero ring gear bolt failures. Perhaps choose a better installer ;)

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
I've sold and installed hundreds & hundreds of ARB's, zero ring gear bolt failures. Perhaps choose a better installer ;)

I have never installed or sold an ARB... but I have had a total of 4 come to me where there ring gear bolts had fallen out. We then replaced them with Zip Lockers. I have also heard of many other people encountering the same issue. I also know for a fact that the 4 ARBs I have encountered having this issue were all installed by different installers.

UFAB

Clean ring gear threads first. Red lock tight has never let us down. Now I have seen numerous carrier case bolts with lock hardware on them come out. Once again. Take apart clean and apply red lock tight

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
I have never installed or sold an ARB... but I have had a total of 4 come to me where there ring gear bolts had fallen out. We then replaced them with Zip Lockers. I have also heard of many other people encountering the same issue. I also know for a fact that the 4 ARBs I have encountered having this issue were all installed by different installers.

With over 250,000 Air Lockers on the market... there will be issues. When Zip can move from from reverse-engineering to engineering, I'll be impressed ;)

flexyfool

GDW
Really? I guess I should just delete this thread!

Nooo... It is so entertaining to poke a hornets nest.

Seriously, as to your original question, I bought a couple ARBs last week. I looked around the internet, and everyone was selling them for the same price. I think the only price savings to be found would be a package deal with installation included from a local shop (basically find someone willing to install them for next to nothing to make the sale) or else going with the ZIP locker.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
There was a guy on here a while back selling two of them brand new. I was the only one interested at the time....still am a bit.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
If you buy one, I'll buy the other. Package deal maybe?

That or we'd both get screwed together. (that sounds bad, but I promise, it isn't :D)