Area BFE.....DISAPPOINTING!!!

Clutch

I feel a need to comment on what I saw at Area BFE this weekend.

On Sat. we were looking around for Strikes Ravine and Upper Hell and came on Area BFE. I had never been there and what I saw was very dissappointing. I don't claim to know the whole history and time frames of when the area was created, but what I saw............. :mad: :mad: :mad: .

The area was trashed with litter, old banners, torn out trees, old mining trash, (which probably need some special clean up) and a trashed car that had been tossed off a cliff and left there, which, BTW is near the entrance to UH. I'm ASSuming this is all private land, but leaving it that way for all to see?

I would think with all issues with the private land owner downstream from there, we need to shine much better then what was there.

sibeta

i was down there 2 weeks ago and competed in the rock race at the BFE private land.. I felt a little bit the same as you do. I was supprised that they were going to run a car off the cliff as "entertainment" during the competition. It was almost like people felt that since it was private and "4 wheel friendly" people could drive anywhere and do whatever they wanted. I am sure this is not the intended use by the BFE guys. But the area is somewhat new to all of us and the owners and they will get things squared away soon i am sure

James K

NO, I'm always like this
Clutch said:
I feel a need to comment on what I saw at Area BFE this weekend.

On Sat. we were looking around for Strikes Ravine and Upper Hell and came on Area BFE. I had never been there and what I saw was very dissappointing. I don't claim to know the whole history and time frames of when the area was created, but what I saw............. :mad: :mad: :mad: .

The area was trashed with litter, old banners, torn out trees, old mining trash, (which probably need some special clean up) and a trashed car that had been tossed off a cliff and left there, which, BTW is near the entrance to UH. I'm ASSuming this is all private land, but leaving it that way for all to see?

I would think with all issues with the private land owner downstream from there, we need to shine much better then what was there.

I believe you need to give them time. They are in the process of clearing areas for parking and the like. They have also had two recent comps there. I am sure it will all come around to be a positive thing/area for all of us to use.

Did you donate to help them with the expenses they are incurring to give us this place to play?

Like when anything gets built there has to be a certain amount of destruction to provide for construction.

Turbobob

Semper Fi
We went out there and played durring EJS. Give the guys time to get it up and running. There is great potential for all sorts of events & play areas. They have some great ideas for the land, it'll just take time (and money) to get it where it needs to be. ;)