Arizona Strip/North Rim - very pic heavy!

DAA

The Swayloc was waaaaay out of warranty. And an older, inferior design to the one ORO sells now. I knew that replacement parts weren't going to be available, because I knew the design had changed substantially a few years ago. Wasn't at all sure what ORO would be willing to do. Didn't get a chance to call them until yesterday. Talked to Steve, the owner, and he offered me a whole new Swayloc, except for the links (the only parts of mine that are still the same), for $300.

I thought that was fair enough. Considering a new one is about $650, and the one that broke was about five years old and well used.

So, I should have a shiny new one (except for the links) to install this weekend, hopefully.

- DAA

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
It's a well documented fact that no self respecting man can venture near a cliff without throwing something over the edge.

Nice write up!

trackhead

Great pics! I love that area.

Not to be an ass or anything, but 21 years ago I thought it was fun to trundle rocks, assuming "nobody could possibly be down there". Tragically, my actions killed another human being, a 32 year old father of two. I went to jail for that, and payed immensely in mental anguish.

I'd politely suggest that you reconsider the trundling activities. While I admit it is fun, I'll never do it again, and every time I see a rock rolling down a mountainside, those horrible memories from 21 years ago come rushing back.

sixstringsteve

Great story Trackhead, thank you for sharing. It really made me think twice, I will never trundle again. Sorry to hear about your (and his) misfortune.

Grimmjpr

Good Steve, how you been? Is your avatar depicting the end of your TJ? :eek:

I'm good.....Just been trying to have some fun.......No the avatar was from a trip before we met......Rubi was mostly rebuilt when we did HITR, But i did finnaly trade her in for the new JK. Hows the FJ treatin ya?

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Great pics! I love that area.

Not to be an ass or anything, but 21 years ago I thought it was fun to trundle rocks, assuming "nobody could possibly be down there". Tragically, my actions killed another human being, a 32 year old father of two. I went to jail for that, and payed immensely in mental anguish.

I'd politely suggest that you reconsider the trundling activities. While I admit it is fun, I'll never do it again, and every time I see a rock rolling down a mountainside, those horrible memories from 21 years ago come rushing back.

That's horrible! Thanks for sharing your experience, I'll remember that next time I'm tempted to roll rocks.

I'm good.....Just been trying to have some fun.......No the avatar was from a trip before we met......Rubi was mostly rebuilt when we did HITR, But i did finnaly trade her in for the new JK. Hows the FJ treatin ya?

Gotcha, that's quite a picture! I don't have a Land Cruiser anymore... :( I'm working on a truck build, but it's slow going as the motorcycle is getting most of my attention these days.

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
I was also going to share a rock story.. But because of legal issues...
In one of my court hearings against the BLM and the federal court house there was a few folks who had been in court hearings for over a year trying to resolve a hefty ticket they received for rolling a rock down the hill on BLM property. They were ticketed for destruction of government property. The process they were in was trying to obtain a permit to legally be allowed to move the rock back into place in order to reconcile the original action.. It was a nightmare for them, because the BLM wanted to make a stink..