arizona wheeling

KToy

going to arizona weekend of the 17th wondering if there are any good areas to go check out near chandler so i can one day bring my rig to az to go wheeling.

SHOUT OUT TO AZ ROCKCRAWLERS.

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
Have you checked out azrockcrawler.com, I love that site, not sure where chandler is, but the table mesa area is sweet, and I can give you directions if needed. I've never been there just seen pics and have directions.

Crawler

going to arizona weekend of the 17th wondering if there are any good areas to go check out near chandler so i can one day bring my rig to az to go wheeling.

SHOUT OUT TO AZ ROCKCRAWLERS.

Florence Junction is closer to Chandler than Table Mesa, but both are fairly close. I used to hang out with Chris for azrockcrawler.com, very cool guy, I would go to his site and send him an email. I know quite a few other wheelers down there as well that would be willing to show you around a bit also.

PM me an email address and your schedule/plans and I will see if I can put you in touch with some folks down there.

Oh, and what level of trail you want to run :)

KToy

well i am flying down there and i want to see the trails so that next time i go down i will drive and take my rig. if you guys got pics that would do as well.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
possibly an AZ rockcrawling site?

POR always has AZ threads. I wheeled the Table Mesa area a few years ago. It was pretty bitchen.

KToy

ya i looked at pics i definatly want to take my truck down there but im just going for a visit. ill take my truck next time possibly

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
one thing for sure, AZ is SWB territory. The really hard trails have big climbs so it makes it harder for the shorter rigs, but a long/big rig like my old ZJ was just got all messed up trying to naviage accros crazy boulder fields and technical terrain......

and the rock down there is zero friction when it's wet.

KToy

well im 114 now instead of 123 with the bigger tires now so that might be a good or bad thing depending on what i run into. 11 hour drive to where im going to visit seems like a bit far to drive to find some good wheeling because im spoiled with moab being 3 hours away.

hopefully while its cold here i can head to az and wheel in the 80 degree weather.

koas44

We are headed down for the MLK run in Jan. at Table Mesa. Should be fun, I will post up a trip report when we get back.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I was 107 long and 80" wide which was about 6" too long and a foot too wide for the trails I was on. My rig was also low to the ground which sucked for some of the boulder fields on the trails. It still did ok, but my rig was by no means the ideal setup for that terrain. cj5/7's and sammi's were the most common site and most of the buggied rigs down there were much taller than what would be practical around here. The height helped them on some of the break over stuff.

It was cool. Some pretty crazy stuff down there and probably a dozen hard trails within a few miles.