At a crossroad in a build-don't know if I should backup or move forward

O'neal

?????????
In the process of building my wife's tracker-22RE,340h auto,modded case with high range removed with a samurai 4:1 case behind it all.Overall it's a long setup and I'm starting to question the reliability of the 340h and case and really wondering if the RE will be happy with the combo mainly going down the highway and climbing really steep ledges and thing's.Right now I'm debating pulling the auto/case and just running the 4:1 zuk case behind a toy 2wd trans for a simple,lighter and I think stronger setup without all the power loss the hydro tran's and auto will suck away.

Anyone drive a toy RE with the auto 340h and or wheel the setup? How did it do?

O'neal

?????????
The a340 is stronger then the zuk case by along shot

Maybe so.....The 340h's t-case was modded(cut case-removed chain/high range)to use it as a lowrange box with the samurai case running behind it all sending the power out.A sammy case is pretty strong for it's size,what makes it weak is the stock mounting points.

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
I think you'd want lower gearing if you just went with the 2wd trans and 4:1 sami 'case... Do you already have the case and gears? If not, run the 2wd trans and 6.4s or so in the sami 'case. If the gears are already in the case, I think you'd appreciate the automatic - at least offroad.