AT&T vs T-Mobile....poll

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
So my phone is about to sh!t the bed and I want to pick up a phone that has the ability to connect to my work's email sytem. I don't like the big blackberry's but I really like the Pearl. It's available from ATT and t-mobile. I used to have voicestream, and hated it, so I'm leaning towards ATT. What are your thoughts?

Experience with either in remote locations--moab etc? I have Verizon and have zero complaints other than they don't offer any phones that I like. I hate flip phones, and their blackberry's and PDA phones are bulky.

So, what do you have, what do you prefer...thoughts etc....

Brett

Meat-Hippy
Everyone I know that has a Tmobile smart phone loves them. The T-Mobile Dash isn't big (in my opinion, you'd have to look at it.) I'll see if Erik can respond since he's got one.

Oh, and I don't like Sprints smart phones :(

Last edited:

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
There's no poll, jackass!!!! :mad:

tee heeeeee

anyway. I've had T-Mobile for the last... 5yrs??? and they've been awesome the entire time, and coverage is good. There MAY be better providers (coverage wise) for regional stuff, but for going all over the place, I LOVE T-Mobile. And you can have your service put on hold too, which I used to like when I wasn't working back east. :D

Last edited:

Paul R

I have had t-mobile for a number of years now and I don't have any real complaints to speak of. My fiance has AT&T and it used to crap out on her all the time (coverage wise) but we went into the store and the guy gave her a great deal on one of his old phones and it has worked great ever since. From what I have noticed she has a little better coverage in some of the more remote places but they have been very similar. I think it will just come down to whoever can get you a better deal on what you want. They both seem pretty good. :cool:

Last edited:

Caleb

I'm pretty sure they can use the same towers, and with Nationwide long distance for free with either plan I imagine you'll have the same coverage with either company. I think the big difference in comparing coverage (with these two companies) is what phone you're using. Since you'll be getting the Pearl (awesome phone BTW) with either company I think it won't matter much who you go with.

I use ATT, never had any issues with them and when my contract is up in a couple months I'm pretty sure I'll stick with them. The only way I'd switch is if Verizon pulled their heads out and offered decent phones.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
I use T-Mobile and love it. Good Customer Service and good service everywhere I've been (all up and down the West Coast, New England, all over Utah, AZ, NV Ect). My buddy has a Pearl and loves it. I thought about getting one, but decided to stick with a flip phone for the time being, I'm kinda kicking myself.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
.........The only way I'd switch is if Verizon pulled their heads out and offered decent phones.

That'd be sweet. I'm on the corporate plan and have a phone (for two years, I guess :rolleyes: ) that's built for a teenage girl. Cute rings and all. Whenever it rings I'd like to throw it against the wall. I HATE my phone. The service seems OK, but I really HATE my phone.

I've got lots of $$$ invested in Nokia accessories (car chargers, headsets, chargers, etc.) and really don't want to reinvest that $$$ back into another platform. I know the equipment is a racket, but F@wk it. They can have their junk....

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
ya, I get a 20% discount on my Veriizon plan so it's hard to leave--and I've honestly been nothing but impressed with their customer service and reception. Their phones just bring the suck.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I think my old ghetto voicstream phone had one of those--but that was at least 10 years ago. They still have those?

DevinB

I like traffic lights
Verizon doesn't use SIM cards, only AT&T and T-Mo do. Has to do with the whole CDMA vs. GSM thing.

T-Mobile has the best plans available, with the most minutes and texting for the best price. And you'll get pretty much the same coverage, the phone itself really being the determining factor. I've never had a problem with coverage (T-Mo) but I never really venture too far from the suburbs and I-15 corridor.

Check amazon.com for incredible phone deals with new lines. I've seen the the Blackberry 8800 for a penny with a new line (AT&T) - it's a $600 phone.

yakinaked

T-Mobile brings the suck in Moab - everytime I'm down there with my family everyone with T-mobile has to use everyone elses Verizon phones to check their voicemail unless we're right in town. I also know a Realtor in the Salt Lake area (so coverage is continuously tested) and she has T-mobile because of the ridiculous min. she gets in her plan, but she is constantly dropping calls. Even though T-mobile can use other towers (roam) if there is a weaker T-mobile signal it will still use that weaker signal instead of the stronger providers. T-mobile works great if you're in high school and just text all your friends all day (so perfect for you Cody) - don't count on them much for decent voice conversations. I have to resort to strict text communications with family and friends with T-Mobile because I get tired of them dropping my call every 26 seconds. AT&T definately offers better phones with fewer features locked out than Verizon - so I'd say go with AT&T.

Last edited: