Atlas T-case swap leads to catastrophic failure

jgb

Update

AA has taken the T-case apart and could not find anything wrong, they even took pics proving they took it apart. I will call them tomorrow and have them e-mail the pics to me.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
Interesting. I would have expected that they would find at least some damage, given the results, no matter what the cause was.

What has your installer suggested to remedy the situation if in fact the issue lies with him?

jgb

What has your installer suggested to remedy the situation if in fact the issue lies with him?

The support bracket supplied by me, it looks like this:

http://www.tmrcustoms.com/store/ind...id=488&zenid=db8849ccee9f47a2dee12564f0c78fa6

cannot be used in conjunction with the parking brake off the output shaft, the installer is going to design a new support bracket using the existing bushing from the above support bracket.

We are also going to redesign the transmission skid plate just in case, it was bolted to the T-case skid plate and bolted directly to the front of the transmission. My concern was the transmission is mounted on bushings, so one end of the transmission skid plate is "hard mounted" while the other end is "soft mounted". Plus, any hard impact on the transmission skid plate would be transferred to the transmission in this configuration.