Atten. Fabricators

smashmetal

I have a few projects that I need to tackle that req a bit of tubing. Being up around the Ogden/ Layton area no one around here sells tubing so the next place to go is Marmon Keystone or Metal Mart. Usually if there are larger quantities of material purchased there is a bit of a break in the price.
So what Im trying to say is if there is any one else out there in the same boat im in maybe we could gather our resources and order in bulk, maybe saving a few bucks as well.

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
See how much it will add to your purchase if you add on 7 sticks of 1.5" x .120 wall DOM.

kirk86CJ

I got some stuff some Marmon keyston a few weeks ago. Their sign showed $250.00 minimum. We bought tubing. I also needed a some strap, square tubing, and angle iron - small quantities of each, and their prices on that stuff was higher than Wasatch. It seems you have to get a lot of the same material for the price break - we spend $800.00 on the tubiing, but they didn't care. They did knock about 20 cents/ft off the tubing we didn't have an account.

Kirk

78mitsu

I just bought 200' of 1.5x.120 dom for 2.23/' from Marmon Keystone last week, they gave me a price brake, because it was being loaded on a semi and apparently that's easier, I just had it delivered from someone in the area.

smashmetal

Im not a shop owner or doing this on large scale (just out of the garage) so I don't ever need a whole bunch of material at one time. I usually don't spend over $250 so buying as a group effort would be sweet.
I my looking to get some 1.5", 1.75" and 2.0" probably all .120 wall about 2 sticks of each.
Any one out there have an account? whats it take to get on. Ill call Marmon Keystone tommarrow and inquire.

Last edited:

smashmetal

check this site as well

http://www.offroadfabnet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=479

I will be picking up what is needed and will be able to bring it up to the Layton area, the other fella in the form will be picking up as well and heading south to the Plesant Grove area. So where covered in a north and south directions. There is also some price quotes that where recieved from Marmon Keystone on the other site, we'd like to make the order by Wensday the 14th of March.

spaggyroe

Man Flu Survivor
I could use 4 - 5 sticks of 1.75 x .120 DOM.
I'm in Spanish Fork, but could meet up in Pleasant Grove.
Let me know if that's doable, and what the price will be.

Thanks in advance. :)
Nate

reddevil

'93 Cherokee
Quote from link, I have nothing to do with this, but saw the price and thought it would answer your question.

gas:"If you would like to get in on a volume purchase, this is what I have been quoted.

20 foot sticks

1.75x.095 $ 2.75 ft DOM $2.0 ft ERW

1.75x.120 $3.12 ft DOM $ 2.60 ft ERW

If there are other sizes you need pm me and I will call and ad them to this list.

The bigger the order the lower the price.

Smash and I will meet at Marmon, buy and divide the load,north/ south. He is in the Ogden/Hill AFB area.
I am south, in Pleasant Grove.
I'd prefer to have money in hand when I pay for the load so pm me for arrangements."

Last edited:

smashmetal

Just some geewiz info for the rest of ya, these are the sizes we got and this is what we paid. It's not cheap to fabricate like it use to be!

DOM
1.5 x .095 2.25 per ft
1.5 x 1.2 2.35 per ft
1.75 x 095 2.65 per ft
1.75 x 1.2 2.8 per foot
1.75 x .375 9.95 per foot
2.0 x .120 3.2 0 per ft

4130 norm
1.5 x .120 4.45 per foot 400 min