Attn HAMS: four wheel hams net!

EZRhino

KalishnaKitty
Four Wheel Hams Net- Starting this week!

A net resource for ham radio operators also intersted in backcountry exploration, communications and the four wheel drive vehicles that take us there.

It will be held every other Thursday beginning this Thursday March 23rd from 8 to 9pm. The repeater we will use is located at 145.19 with a negative offset, and a PL tone of 123.0. It has wide coverage from Ogden to Provo, so please join us and check in and let us know of your interests so we can plan future topics of discussion.

If you have no idea what I am talking about, then nevermind..nothing to see here.....move along....move along.

EZ

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
The first Thursday of every month at that same time is the UARC meetings. If you keep that time you are going to have some conflicts.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Thursdays are bad for me... U4, TLCA, WC all think Thursdays are the bomb.... Tuesdays is a better day, not that I would want to be a geek and hamchat anyways... ;)

EZRhino

KalishnaKitty
Too late, you're already are a geek. :)

Boy you two are sure all smiles and sunshine. So a few people may miss the net every other month or so? I don't consider that a very large conflict. We could always change it depending on what the majority of people want. I double dare you to show up.......

EZ

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
I should be there this thursday. Not like it is tough to make it to a meeting, the location = anywhere I want it to be

:D

EZRhino

KalishnaKitty
Thanks for supporting it, guys! There is another fairly big net on Tuesdays at 8, so we're trying to work around pre-existing issues as best we can.

I see two groups coming togather to this: 'Wheelers like us, who happen to be hams, and hams, who happen to also wheel. Hopefully we can criss cross and learn a few things from each other.

EZ

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
If meetings do not conflict with UARC meetings I bet we could get the wheeling meeings announced at the UARC meetings, and get them in the news letters. Also they are full of resources if we wanted to have guest speaker talk about topics of interest. Wheelers would have different interests such as extended hand held battery life, or ways to tune or mount antennas for best performance.

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
Thursdays just happens to be the busiest night on tv as well... my tivo is taping two shows and I'm watching a third... and missing one cause I ran out of tvs to watch.... but I might make it...
John
N7SHZ

EZRhino

KalishnaKitty
I don't think it has an IRLP yet. Why where are you?

John....HT from the sofa......for the love of all things that are holy.....

EZ

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
I have a mobil that is located in my expedition.... and I live in an apartment so no external antenna are allowed... I'll be there...

OCNORB

Supporting Member
EZRhino said:
Four Wheel Hams Net- Starting this week!

If you have no idea what I am talking about, then nevermind..nothing to see here.....move along....move along.

EZ

So, are newbies allowed? I am interested in getting a licence...would like to get a 2M handheld to startout.

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
OCNORB said:
So, are newbies allowed? I am interested in getting a licence...would like to get a 2M handheld to startout.

Yes newbies are allowed. You will need a license if you want to talk, but if you are not licensed yet you are always welcome to listen. Don't let the license part intimidate you, it is easy to get.

The net tonight went really well I thought. EZ did a good job, and made it easy for anyone who wanted to talk a chance to talk.

Tonight they talked about a few random things including tail lights, 5 mile pass area, antennas, repeaters in Moab, recommendations on radios, airing down tires, etc

In two weeks there will be info on onboard air. If there are topics you want to hear, questions you want to ask, or something you are good at and want to share it will be very easy to get or give info.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Sounds like I missed out... The Cruiser club activity took alot longer than planned. (We had ~50 members/family show up :eek: but :cool:)

Next time... :D

shrubeck

Mmm Commulicious
Wow I can't believe I just barely found this thread. Of course I'll be out of town the next two thursdays (moab next week). Oh and I don't have a radio right now...But dammit I'll find a way to join in one of these weeks.
KC7KDX

TheBigSgt

Rep Big Horn 4x4
:rofl:
EZRhino said:
RFour Wheel Hams net, tomorrow night April 20, 8pm local time......145.19 Mhz tone of 123.0.

Be there or drive a Dodge :)

EZ

I sat on the back deck but couldn't hear you guys!

Oh wait, that was mountain time. and I was 2900 miles away, drinking a Jack and Coke!
:rofl: