ATV trip to Moab, questions

rokrash

Some of you might be familiar with my nasty accident while towing my Jeep home from Moab last summer! Well the Jeep is not done yet, so I am having to change my Colorado/Moab tip around a bit. . .

A buddy and I are heading to Moab for a couple days, this coming weekend, and I was wondering what you guys might suggest for trails to run on utility ATV's?

We have both been to Moab in Jeeps a few times and have run alot of the norms: Hell's, Fin's, Steel Bender, Cliffhanger, the trifecta, Pritchett, Pickle etc. so I was just wondering if there was something that I guy on an ATV might really want to run.

We are both willing to crawl the bikes, so we are not looking to just run dirt!

Thanks!

JL Rockies

Binders Fulla Expo
I think that you can ride anything except the NP trails. I don't own an ATV but it seems 7 Mile Rim was pretty popular with that sect.

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
I saw the Moab Trails book in a Yamaha dealer a few years ago. It looked just like the Jeep trails book but was re-written just for ATVs. It seemed quite comprehensive.

http://www.amazon.com/ATV-Trails-Guide-Moab-UT/dp/0966497678

Kane creek is always fun on ATVs with lots of good cornering and diverse terrain. Its amazing how the easiest of ledges and rocky areas were a minor inconvenience in a 4x4 but serious fun on an ATV.

The next time I'm in Moab I'm going to hit the sand dunes north of Moab by I-70.

Max Power

Bryce
We have had several ATV trips down there. My favorite was poison spider. You may have to walk them a couple times. If you are experinced atv riders it would be a good time.

Coreshot

Resident Thread Killer
During the Rally on the Rocks UTV event a couple weeks ago, we had a guy from Arkansas running a couple of trails with us. We ran Golden Spike and Behind the Rocks with him, and he had a blast on his Polaris Sportsman. We threw a rope on him a couple of times for his safety, but he made most of the climbs on his own. When we ran Pritchett, he ended up taking his RZR. Hell's Revenge is a blast on ATVs.