August Old School Event Information

maveric

Crawler Collecter
Craig, I sent you a PM about clarification of rules on a vehicle. Havent heard back yet, so just checking to see if you got it. If it fits in the stock class, you might be short a photographer for the weekend as my wife will be running it. :cool:

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
I would imagine Craig is busy with Kevin getting things ready. If you want to PM me the details of her rig, I'll let you know if it will pass or what you might have to change.

maveric

Crawler Collecter
With the fair going on during the event, where are they having everyone camp? I heard they were closing off the area to the west of the courses. Is camping going to be moved to the SW parking lot next to the rockrace course?

iamsparticus

Take your Rig to the Edge
With the fair going on during the event, where are they having everyone camp? I heard they were closing off the area to the west of the courses. Is camping going to be moved to the SW parking lot next to the rockrace course?

I was thinking about this too i hope it stays right next to the course it was nice soi could run for water or food from my tent between obstacles

Robudda723

I am just getting into offroad (Drag Racing background), and have been back and forth of building something of a crawler or desert racer. From reading on here Rock Cross seems to be a balance of both. I have searched for videos on line and on youtube with no luck. where are info for class rules and such and some videos? I like competition (Win or lose) and it tends to give me drive. The sound of this is getting my attention.

Thanks,
Rob

iamsparticus

Take your Rig to the Edge
There is no rules for the rock class other than you have to pass the tech inspection for the rest of rock crawling. Check out the XRRA and King of the hammers for rock cross like stuff. If thats what you want you basically need to build a rockcrawler that you can jump:). check out www.oldschoolrockcrawl.com for more info on this particular event

Robudda723

Ok so it is a smaller version of KOH (Track wise, not Vehicle I mean). KOH races and crawls in the desert correct? I think that may put me right out of the budget for that. Aren't those rigs in the $60,000-$100,000 range?

Rob

Last edited:

Craig S

Commando

Camping will be further south. I will have a map out soon.

Craig S

Commando
I am just getting into offroad (Drag Racing background), and have been back and forth of building something of a crawler or desert racer. From reading on here Rock Cross seems to be a balance of both. I have searched for videos on line and on youtube with no luck. where are info for class rules and such and some videos? I like competition (Win or lose) and it tends to give me drive. The sound of this is getting my attention.

Thanks,
Rob

The rule book is attached to this thread at the beginning with all the other event information. You basically need a powerful rock crawler with good suspension for the Pro Mod and Unlimited classes. Rock Cross will have a class structure starting at this event. Legend or Stock classes would be a good place to start rock racing on a budget. Ultra 4 has only one class. Pro Mod or Unlimited Old School classes would fit into the one Ultra 4 class.

Bear T

Tacoma free since '93
Craig, any word on camping for the event? And what time do you need me at the course friday? Me and my dad are leaving early Friday and he will be helping me judge.

Craig S

Commando
Craig, any word on camping for the event? And what time do you need me at the course friday? Me and my dad are leaving early Friday and he will be helping me judge.

Camping is open for the event. It is a little further south from where we normally are. 9:30 AM would work good on Friday. See you there!