Aussie Locker or Lock Right?

chadschoon

i ran a LR in the front of my tj for about 2 years. Loved it. hardly even made a sound when turning. couldent complain, I would definetly buy one again.

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
RockMonkey said:
Cost, reliability, and strength. Other than that they're great!
Well that kinda kills the whole purpose. I have a detroit for the Commando, but really don't want a automatic locker in the rear. I ran a LR in the front of the Cruiser for years and never had a problem with it............until it broke... :rofl: but then, I just replaced the 4 pins and off I went.

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
chadschoon said:
i ran a LR in the front of my tj for about 2 years. Loved it. hardly even made a sound when turning. couldent complain, I would definetly buy one again.
Why did you swap it out?

chadschoon

wanted to do a gear change at it was for the smaller gears. I may still be able to get ahold of it, but you want to change your gears too doh!!! I would just give it to you if you dont change your gears. also wanted to be able to disingage the front end to help with turning in 4 wheel. But i think I would rather have something that didint have so many gadgets to go wrong. Right now my front arb is blowing fluid out of the blow off on the compressor, anyone no what that could be???

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
chadschoon said:
wanted to do a gear change at it was for the smaller gears. I may still be able to get ahold of it, but you want to change your gears too doh!!! I would just give it to you if you dont change your gears. also wanted to be able to disingage the front end to help with turning in 4 wheel. But i think I would rather have something that didint have so many gadgets to go wrong. Right now my front arb is blowing fluid out of the blow off on the compressor, anyone no what that could be???
But... The Lock Right is the same for both carriers. You started with the 3.73 and down (numerically) carrier. So to go to lower gears you had to switch carriers, but your Lock Right would have plugged right in to the 4.10 and up open carrier. Anyway, I have a 4 cylinder, so my stock gears are 4.10s, so I already have the right carrier for the 4.88s I want to go to. Anyway, if no one is using your Lock Right, tell me what you want for it. ;)

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
chadschoon said:

It could be a blown O-ring.

chadschoon

Meat_ said:
:confused: ummm Chad.... didn't you have Detroits?
I had a detroit in the rear and a LR in the front.

Im heading down there tomorrow to get some bearings pressed on my axels ill ask him if he still has it, if not he ows me some casholla

oh ya and meat nice A$$ (avatar)

Bart

Fade2Black said:
Good point, LOL, doh.

So with the vacuum disconnect shouldn't the shafts be able to spin separately despite the locker?

The XJ I had it in wasn't a vac disco.

Hey Braden, if you get rid of the rear 44 arb, please let me know.

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
solidfrontaxle said:
...Better customer service....

Not from my experience. When they were out of inventory I contacted them to ask a simple "when will these be available again" question and they gave me some weenie answer. So off I went to buy a lockrite. If others are having good customer service experiences maybe I will try them again. Maybe i just caught one person having a bad day or something

PierCed_3

I drive Frankenstein!!
I had a LR and the pins didn't last very long. It soon became a spool as I didn't replace the pins or springs in it. I won't do a LR again that's for sure.

kruzr69

I have an aussie in the front of my landcruiser. I have 39 irocks and around 160:1 crawl ratio, I busted a chromoly birf and inner and nothing happened to the aussie. I would run one again anytime.
Tony