jgb

Awesome movie.

We went and saw Avatar this past Friday at the Jordan Landing multiplex. Saw it in their new XD theater in the 3-D format.

If you have a choice see it in 3-D, you will not be dissapointed.

Dal Bone

I thought it was visually amazing but the story was pretty much like dances with wolves except with blue Indians. Definately worth seeing tho.

Jesser04

I would like my 11 dollars back. The visuals were cool but not 2:45 minutes cool. If it wasn't in 3D I would have walked out. I rank this right below waterworld.

scootrrydr

Wow!

I would like my 11 dollars back. The visuals were cool but not 2:45 minutes cool. If it wasn't in 3D I would have walked out. I rank this right below waterworld.

11 bucks!!?? I spent over $50 for my family of four last friday night! Damn popcorn....the movie was alright tho.....

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
The 3d technology & visuals were awesome. The story, although predictable was really good as well. I enjoyed it and I don't remember losing focus or being bored at all during the movie.

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
I'm confused on if I want to see this... I hear people rank it below waterworld and it's kind of sad but I actually liked waterworld. Then I hear people say it's Dances with Wolves with Blue Indians and I don't think I made it all the way through dances with wolves in a fully conscious state.

Jesser04

I'm confused on if I want to see this... I hear people rank it below waterworld and it's kind of sad but I actually liked waterworld. Then I hear people say it's Dances with Wolves with Blue Indians and I don't think I made it all the way through dances with wolves in a fully conscious state.

it's ferngully redone in 3D.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
how about kids ? (9 year old girl) she really wants me to take her

I guess it depends on the parent. I'd take my kid for sure (but he's probably too young to sit still for that long) but I know other people probably wouldn't take theirs. There's some pretty good battle scenes & violence (moderate amount of blood) but that's about it. :cool:

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin

I wouldn't rate it against anything, it's completely subjective. This film is an entirely different type of movie, especially considering the technology used to make it. Which might be why I'm so fascinated with it.

Amy

Limited Supply Of Sanity

I loved waterworld too! I have never listened to other peoples personal reviews and neither should you. I think Herzog stated really well about the film being like nothing else. Even if you dont like it you can come back and have valid arguing points against the movie. But not seeing it because someone else told you it sucked is ridiculous.

This movie has nothing to do with any other movie concept out there or story line, yes it's a little predictable, but 90% of movies on the market these days are anyways. :)
Oh and go see it in REAL 3D not the Imax 3D. :)

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
Saw it Sunday:

Plot is the usual leftist shit: Corporations are evil, heartless ****s, the military is full of murderous thugs, and nature is gooooooood. Heard the director on NPR saying some of it was his anti-Bush message.

HOWEVER!!!! the CGI is nothing short of.. transformative, revolutionary, a quantum leap. I would say it did for CGI what Star Wars did for.. well, everything else hahah. Other than some issues with the design work (ridiculous structures in some cases-- looking like they were designed by the art students they WERE designed by... but that's not really their fault...), I had to keep reminding myself "HOLY FAWK!! None of what I'm watching actually exists, anywhere!".

It was stunningly immersive and I am not easily impressed.

anyway.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
I
This movie has nothing to do with any other movie concept out there or story line,

Well yeah! , except for any other movie featuring heartless corporate-military entities, or any other movie where the foreign life is way more righteous and peaceful than humans, or..... :D

yes it's a little predictable, but 90% of movies on the market these days are anyways. :)

I thought the plot was like, comatose-stupid in its predictability. I was actually kind of angry at that. RAWWWRR!!! MILITARY BAD!!! NATIVES GOOD!!! Boooooring.

That said, I was seriously amazed at the level of rendering in that movie. It was like being crushed by a superpowerful CG brain, forcing me to accept absolute fabrication as concrete reality! I loved THAT. :D

I give it 5 thumbs up for visuals (borrowed the kids' and one of Tara's), and I ripped the arms off dead guys so I can give it 26 thumbs down for plot and message. F**k you, James Cameron. :mad:

Last edited:

Amy

Limited Supply Of Sanity
I
This movie has nothing to do with any other movie concept out there or story line,

Well yeah! , except for any other movie featuring heartless corporate-military entities, or any other movie where the foreign life is way more righteous and peaceful than humans, or..... :D

I thought the plot was like, comatose-stupid in its predictability. I was actually kind of angry at that. RAWWWRR!!! MILITARY BAD!!! NATIVES GOOD!!! Boooooring.

That said, I was seriously amazed at the level of rendering in that movie. It was like being crushed by a superpowerful CG brain, forcing me to accept absolute fabrication as concrete reality! I loved THAT. :D

I give it 5 thumbs up for visuals (borrowed the kids' and one of Tara's), and I ripped the arms off dead guys so I can give it 26 thumbs down for plot and message. F**k you, James Cameron. :mad:

:rofl::shawn:

Amy

Limited Supply Of Sanity
EDIT*There are only 7 main plots in literature. These days it's about how entertaining you can make that plot and how off the path you can steer. If you can get past that, its still a great movie. :)

I would never tell James Cameron to **** off. He is the first to create this visually dynamic of a movie and deserves a thumbs up IMO. :)

Last edited:

spaggyroe

Man Flu Survivor

Greatest....

RME movie review....

EVAR!!!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

BRAVO Tacoma, BRAVO!!!