AW4 guru's.....I need to know?

JoeT

To my knowledge yes they will. If not I have a AW4 for $200 with 150k on it from a '89.I believe on the newer models Jeep just hard wired the comfort/power button to power mode. Check JU (gasp) for more info.

redrockcrawler

earth rover 2012
no they will not the 98 has a 23 spline out put shaft and the 89 would have a 21 spline the only way to swap it is if you swaped the t case

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
redrockcrawler said:
no they will not the 98 has a 23 spline out put shaft and the 89 would have a 21 spline the only way to swap it is if you swaped the t case

Depends on the '89 Tranny. Some of them actually came with 23 spline. There is a production date split in the 89 model. Odds are that you are right and it's 21 spline though.

Andy

aka. Hollywood
I work in a tranny shop so I'm not worried about swaping inputs, I am more worried the the computer won't work. :eek: I got one that supposedly has 40k on it????

Andy

Brent

another nobody
Andy said:
I work in a tranny shop so I'm not worried about swaping inputs, I am more worried the the computer won't work. :eek: I got one that supposedly has 40k on it????

Andy
so what your saying, is your going to show me how to do this same thing in your spair time one of these days :D

Andy

aka. Hollywood
Brent said:
so what your saying, is your going to show me how to do this same thing in your spair time one of these days :D

No!!! Your supposed to show ME how to fix it Mr.Cherocar! :D And you know I have so much spare time now days. :rofl:

Andy