Awesome motorcycle videos thread

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
pretty much anything with Jarvis in it is awesome, but here is one of my favorites..

[video=youtube;K4qzh6YBW1Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4qzh6YBW1Q[/video]

another:

[video=youtube;dcxkR5y68d4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcxkR5y68d4[/video]

Last edited:

sixstringsteve

he can do things on his 300 better than most trials riders can on their trials bikes. I could watch him ride all day long.

GAR

Down hill stoppies at 2:25 are nuts. He is awesome for sure. Makes me want to get a trials bike to practice

GAR

[video=youtube;qncGiPJh4Ds]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qncGiPJh4Ds[/video]

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
I get chills every time I watch this video because it brings back so many good memories. Loretta Lynn's is a race like no other in the amateur world. What sets it apart from so many of the other big races is that you have to qualify to go. Its not like the World Mini Grand Prix or Ponca City where you have qualifying races to get down to a 2 moto final. When you get there it is an olympic type format with 3 moto's that are just focused on the best cumulative finishes in the 3 races.

There is a point in that documentary where someone talks about having a bib from Loretta's and how you hold onto it. It is 100% true.......I still have mine from when I raced there in 1987 when I was 15 years old. In fact the other night my son and I were watching a program on one of the sports channels about the race and I pulled it out and showed it to him and he hung it up in his room. Kind of a proud moment since it gave him the desire to one day qualify.............well there goes any hope of saving any money for a rainy day.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
Toby Price who is featured in the track portion of that video had a bad wreck at the 4th round of the National Hare & Hound series this past weekend in Lucern Valley and is going in to have C6, 7 & T1 plated and pinned tomorrow. He and local Utah racer Skyler Howes both had a bad get off in the same area. Skyler ended up with a couple of fractured vertebrae.

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
Toby Price who is featured in the track portion of that video had a bad wreck at the 4th round of the National Hare & Hound series this past weekend in Lucern Valley and is going in to have C6, 7 & T1 plated and pinned tomorrow. He and local Utah racer Skyler Howes both had a bad get off in the same area. Skyler ended up with a couple of fractured vertebrae.

dang Skyler is on the injured list?

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
dang Skyler is on the injured list?
Yes. I have not heard how severe the fractures. Both he and Toby were flown out. Josh Knight deserves a big pat on the back for throwing his race away and staying with the 2 of them until help arrived. I was watching Caselli's go pro last night and at one point it showed a bike pass him momentarily an just as he is passing him back and about to go out of frame you can see the rider start to yard sale. I think that was Skyler.

Last edited:

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
Yes. I have not heard how severe the fractures. Both he and Toby were flown out. Josh Knight deserves a big pat on the back for throwing his race away and staying with the 2 of them until help arrived. I was watching Caselli's go pro last night and at one point it showed a bike pass him momentarily an just as he is passing him back and about to go out of frame you can see the rider start to yard sale. I think that was Skyler.

I bought a bike from the Knights. Michael (josh's dad) is about as nice a guy as you will meet. My opinion of the desert racing crowd has really changed of the last few years. I used the think it was similar to the sand mountain crowd:eek:. Things like Josh stopping and throwing a race to help injured riders and Destry Abott doing the same a couple years ago have changed my mind. You don't see many athletes who are in the top levels of their sport stop to help their fellow athletes to their own detriment. Bookoo Karma points to these guys.