Axle Build up

Badger

I am the Brute squad
well i don't know if i said it before on another thread but i picked up some fullsize axles from a 70's Ford F250.a high pinion Dana 44 for the front and a Dana 60 full floater for the back.

the front has a Detroit with 5.13's and stock shafts with Warn Premium hubs.

4401_G.sized.jpg

4402_G.sized.jpg

4403_G.sized.jpg

the back has a Detroit with 5.13's ,35 spline yukon alloy axles,Blackbird diskbrake kit

6001_G.sized.jpg

6002_G.sized.jpg

spent the day grinding all the old mounts off and getting them ready for the new brackets that are coming.well they are all done and loaded up ready to get dropped of to have everything welded on.

loaded01.sized.jpg

loaded02.sized.jpg

hopefully sometime next week the RE brackets come in for the front and i can take it to have it finished up.i'll still have to get the brakes up to par.change the master cylinder to something a bit bigger and redo the brake lines to get it all hooked up.but soon it will be romping again.

i will add more as more is done

Badger

I am the Brute squad
i'm going to give Outer Limit Motorsports i try and see how it goes.

their thread here on the board

i have an appointment with Rock Logic but that is in June and they might be doing some work on it .

for now i'm going to use some RE brackets and go with the stock setup .i want to go coilover in the future .thats what the appointment at RL is for .

Badger

I am the Brute squad
chrysler 8.25 and dana 30.the 30 is the only thing worth selling the 8.25 has blown it's locker (still trying to get it replaced) and two chipped teeth on the ring.

mowlasley

I noticed you did some major work on the steering on that baby. What gears?

By the way, to keep the highjack from taking over, nice new axles. I dream of the day. What are your plans for lockers? Will the 60 fit without any fuel tank issues?

Edit : Just saw that the rear has been "Detroited".

Last edited:

Badger

I am the Brute squad
always use Detroit .one in the front one in the back.i hope that i don't explode one like i did with the Chrysler.i have had this exact combo before with about 400 horses going thru it and nver exploded the locker before so....crosses fingers.

the old axles are geard with as tall as you can get in an 8.28 ,4.56's .the front steering is TeraFlex knuckle with Alumi-Bars .And it's locked with a Detroit.the front can hold up to 4.88 i believe

JackKeslerCustoms

I don't know what looks better, the axles or the trailer ;) Let me know how the swaps go, I'm looking for a rear 60 and getting ready to do mine.

Last edited:

Badger

I am the Brute squad
today i went and picked my new tire and rim combo.

rims are Allied type 887 (RockCrusher)

887RockCrusher.jpg

mounted on them are going to be 36x13.50x17 IROKS

superswamper_IROK_LG.jpg

Badger

I am the Brute squad
well i finially got me RE brackets today

REbrackets3.sized.jpg

this is how much i have to cut back the housing to get the one perch into the right location

REbrackets4.sized.jpg

this the other side

REbrackets5.sized.jpg

Badger

I am the Brute squad
well the boys over at Out Limit Motorsports got the job done today

ok she is mostly done .i still need to plumb all the brakes and change the master cyclinder to something bigger to deal with having disk all the way around now .but for the most part the tricky stuff is over.

done1.sized.jpg

44done4.sized.jpg

44done3.sized.jpg

44done2.sized.jpg

44done5.sized.jpg

44done6.sized.jpg